OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The news is I have two clown beat up from fighting hope male being on his own didn’t turn female. And other tank mates are not getting along at all. PBT was removed Saturday morning lineatus was out and about a little bit still stressed. Other fish are eating him. No tank mates are getting alone with each other.
I am at a loss

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry Don. Removing the PBT was probably a good place to start. Monitor over the next week or so and see how things shake out. Another fish will probably shoot for the throne and assert some dominance. That doesnt mean you should expect it to be ruthless but posturing for position is expected to a degree.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry Don. Removing the PBT was probably a good place to start. Monitor over the next week or so and see how things shake out. Another fish will probably shoot for the throne and assert some dominance. That doesnt mean you should expect it to be ruthless but posturing for position is expected to a degree.
Removing PBT I figured would start a little something bad.
Tomini and pintail are letting others know who the boss we’ll be.
what is the most confusing is why every wrasse I owned harasses the Midas blenny.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd guess a somewhat similar body shape and coloration. I know thats not much to go with but its all I can come up with. Oddly my Midas is left alone by everyone except my one bully wrasse that goes after everyone but the Tangs.
Body shape and color is all I can think also. I feel little better your bully wrasse shows interest in your Midas. It seemed I was the only one with that problem.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@RichtheReefer21 saw it firsthand yesterday. My butthead wrasse doesn't discriminate when he's ready to assert himself. It only happens for an hour or so around feeding time though. Could be that he gets distracted too quickly by another but no real damage done just a quick chase and he's on to the next one. He'll flare his fins, color himself up and go at the anthias, blenny, other wrasse, the angel or damsel. Whomever he sees really. He knows better than to provoke the tangs though.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@RichtheReefer21 saw it firsthand yesterday. My butthead wrasse doesn't discriminate when he's ready to assert himself. It only happens for an hour or so around feeding time though. Could be that he gets distracted too quickly by another but no real damage done just a quick chase and he's on to the next one. He'll flare his fins, color himself up and go at the anthias, blenny, other wrasse, the angel or damsel. Whomever he sees really. He knows better than to provoke the tangs though.
Mine has been nonstop. The Midas doesn’t even have to leave the hole in the rock and gets circled with the head cocked to the side.
the Pintail was a gentleman before getting stressed for the past couple months. Guess it is revenge.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a captain urine ant. Hope u catch him with the SHU box!

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got home early to feed fish and get ready for work Christmas party. Did a quick scan of fish and everyone is waiting at the feed door but the lineatus. It was expected since he hasn’t ate in over a week. Last night he was on his side in the sand bed so I figured his time is limited. When I went to add food the lineatus was waiting just behind the group. He grabbed a piece then floated around in the current of the powerheads. If you can imagine a drunk fish that is what he looked like. He had a couple more bites then went back to the sand bed. Guess he isn’t ready to give up thankfully.
Haven’t got to watch the tank but don’t believe anyone is bothering him.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully he's just a little weak from not eating and will begin to bounce back. Fingers crossed.
Thanks for the cheers. Running half hour late but add more food to tank and he ate more. He looked more interested in food this time. Now he is eating I added Selcon figuring it can only help

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to read about the troubles with your fish man. Perhaps several large mirrors and some re-aquascaping can reduce the stress level.
The hardest thing about fish is not having the interaction like with other animals. It’s hard to remove or teach them. Such a learning curve. Not sure what started the problems but feel we are slowly getting back on track.
Nice to see you around and hope as is well with you my friend

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the cheers. Running half hour late but add more food to tank and he ate more. He looked more interested in food this time. Now he is eating I added Selcon figuring it can only help
Nice! Awesome to hear he ate!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I admit it; I've been a lousy member of R2R and a crappy friend. I could give all kinds of excuses/reasons why I went MIA but will save you the agony. Bottom line is I jumped out of the R2R ocean without warning or saying anything to nearly anyone. It was an uncalled for and selfish act. So, I offer my apologies to you, and anyone else, that I had built a cyber-friendship with through this forum. I won't let it happen again.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@crusso1993 No apology need but glad your back!

@najer Thanks for the support.

@RichtheReefer21 I tried but they laughed when they saw cooked snapper and fried squid.

No improvements with lineatus. He did come out to eat but stays behind the pack.

Need some help. The green Goni that died or almost dead has something I believe is a Vermetid snail growing out of it
957482B6-4C56-4EA2-A698-7EA64C74AAB3.jpeg

Next to the Goni I have two frags of acans that started to go south. Guessing more Vermetid
5B4500EB-58B6-4B31-9ED7-75EEC922183B.jpeg

Best for last. What is this growing on the acans?
B1FB6533-B657-4A51-900D-B9DE3180FE6D.jpeg
93D73391-94A1-443B-B8B5-345D185416CD.jpeg
7CC2DD12-43D5-4253-A1D1-009141A43991.jpeg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back