Just add water Red Sea 425 XL / WrasseTasic

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huge thank you to @Scurvy for a Deltec 1000i skimmer. Big things starting in a few weeks
325ECD93-25A6-4A92-AA82-BE74C3D0FA78.jpeg

So THERE'S where it went!!! Looks like @Scurvy sent it to the wrong house, you're going to have to wrap that back up and send it my way ;Smuggrin

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trade it for your sump and you pay shipping

;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious...........

..........;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious...........

..........;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious
Any recommendations on sump manufactures. Looking like I need to go custom. Function and cheap with less bling is what I’m looking for. Fuge size may require a sump that is separated.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any recommendations on sump manufactures. Looking like I need to go custom. Function and cheap with less bling is what I’m looking for. Fuge size may require a sump that is separated.

Seriously though, you looking for acrylic or glass?

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So THERE'S where it went!!! Looks like @Scurvy sent it to the wrong house, you're going to have to wrap that back up and send it my way ;Smuggrin
As it was I forgot to give him the manual and drain line... Sadly I checked the box and saw the air line to the pump and said oh look the drain line is there too! Anyway, Crabby will be getting mail once my lazy bum gets to a post office...So probably sometime in 2022! ;)

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously though, you looking for acrylic or glass?
doesn’t matter. Glass I can be less careful cleaning and acrylic is got more bling

As it was I forgot to give him the manual and drain line... Sadly I checked the box and saw the air line to the pump and said oh look the drain line is there too! Anyway, Crabby will be getting mail once my lazy bum gets to a post office...So probably sometime in 2022! ;)

Probably won’t need it before 2023 so that should work out perfect.
No worries

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
doesn’t matter. Glass I can be less careful cleaning and acrylic is got more bling

Well, glass can be made by just about any aquarium manufacturer for relatively cheap. Acrylic there are a few different manufacturers, arguably one of the cheapest being Lifereef. I have a Lifereef sump, nothing super fancy, A bit of colour to it but not needed, it's a little rough around the edges but does what it needs to do.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, glass can be made by just about any aquarium manufacturer for relatively cheap. Acrylic there are a few different manufacturers, arguably one of the cheapest being Lifereef. I have a Lifereef sump, nothing super fancy, A bit of colour to it but not needed, it's a little rough around the edges but does what it needs to do.
I will check them out. Thanks

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever consider converting a tank to a sump? I've done it a couple times. A used tank and some glass baffles can be pretty cheap. Most glass places have scrap that they can cut and polish to the size we need for our sump pretty cheap.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever consider converting a tank to a sump? I've done it a couple times. A used tank and some glass baffles can be pretty cheap. Most glass places have scrap that they can cut and polish to the size we need for our sump pretty cheap.
That is also an option. Trying to keep my options open as of now.
Last night a friend mentioned building one from Corian. I need to look at what that would cost. Would be different and fun project

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the 20 gallon I have a filefish, peppermint shrimp and the CBB. I stopped feeding CBB and now no more Aiptasia or feather dusters.

Now it’s time to see if the tangs will allow the CBB in the display. I’ll keep it in the SHU box and watch how it goes
A733D026-7776-4268-BA79-97A1B2E6AE9C.jpeg
Love that CBB!

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love that CBB!
Me too. Have it for a job but hope to be able to keep it. It goes up to frozen food but won’t eat it. Good because it does the job but eventually it will need to eat prepared food.
I won’t watch it starve. May need to put it on a rental service locally lol

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is also an option. Trying to keep my options open as of now.
Last night a friend mentioned building one from Corian. I need to look at what that would cost. Would be different and fun project
Maybe look into building one out of pvc sheeting. Can get them at home depot/lowes for about $80 for a 4x8 sheet 1/2" thick. Can use standard pvc glue for assembly too...its a thought ;)

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe look into building one out of pvc sheeting. Can get them at home depot/lowes for about $80 for a 4x8 sheet 1/2" thick. Can use standard pvc glue for assembly too...its a thought ;)
Great idea. Love the craftyness around here.

Got a txt today about a sump and should be all set. Sometimes it better to wait and think about all options before pulling the trigger.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built my sump walls from pvc board. Stuff is awesome but make sure to cut outside on a surcface you can sweep or vaccum. And wear a mask and goggles. The particles are tiny and almost dust... and it gets everywhere.

As for an acrylic builder. Terrarium Builders has their custom 48x18x18 sump on sale for 480 right now. I also know a guy in Georgia that builds to spec and delivers for cheap. Hes been up here a few times to deliver some monster systems over the last couple years. Lmk and ill connect u two.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built my sump walls from pvc board. Stuff is awesome but make sure to cut outside on a surcface you can sweep or vaccum. And wear a mask and goggles. The particles are tiny and almost dust... and it gets everywhere.

As for an acrylic builder. Terrarium Builders has their custom 48x18x18 sump on sale for 480 right now. I also know a guy in Georgia that builds to spec and delivers for cheap. Hes been up here a few times to deliver some monster systems over the last couple years. Lmk and ill connect u two.
That’s a great price. Will have to search them but think I got one coming

Back