Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the Quantum Skimmer?

Being new I can’t compare it to anything. I’m not sure I have it setup right yet. Nyos claims it use 18 watts but apex says 57-60 watts. So don’t get one to conserve energy.
Sorry for the lack of help.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being new I can’t compare it to anything. I’m not sure I have it setup right yet. Nyos claims it use 18 watts but apex says 57-60 watts. So don’t get one to conserve energy.
Sorry for the lack of help.

Well if it's working it works, if it's not, it doesn't! It's simple, and over time you will grow to hate how particular some skimmers are.

It should be nearly impossible to use that many watts... That pump would have to be moving at least 1000gph, and it's very likely moving like, 200gph or less.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if it's working it works, if it's not, it doesn't! It's simple, and over time you will grow to hate how particular some skimmers are.

It should be nearly impossible to use that many watts... That pump would have to be moving at least 1000gph, and it's very likely moving like, 200gph or less.

I did find it strange that it uses the same watts as my Echotech L1 at 30-40%. I did see other people with it say it uses the same power as mine. I don’t know but it seems to work and I’m ok with that. Besides it looks cool lol

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did find it strange that it uses the same watts as my Echotech L1 at 30-40%. I did see other people with it say it uses the same power as mine. I don’t know but it seems to work and I’m ok with that. Besides it looks cool lol

Wow, if it uses that much power that's pretty intense. Most skimmers are 10-20w on average, pretty large ones are 30-40w+.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, if it uses that much power that's pretty intense. Most skimmers are 10-20w on average, pretty large ones are 30-40w+.

I will have to remember to bring home my amp meter and check it. I find it hard to believe myself. I haven’t gave it much thought.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I added pods from algaebarn and got there oceanmagic phytoplankton. It was my valentines present to them.
Wasn’t positive if I wanted to use phyto but got it anyway. I added 1.ml last night of phyto and will do the small feeding through the week. I don’t want to over do it.
The clowns went crazy eating pods even though I feed them 1 hour before. Seeing them love the pods made it worth the money.

The BTA tentacles and foot was stretched out and was around 25% bigger today. Would have never guessed it was that big. I also had the pumps off and could see it’s mouth for the first time from top down. Very cool!

Clowns are fat and loving the pods and the BTA looking amazing so I’m beyond excited. The brown came back in the sand and rocks I think it’s from tiny particles of uneaten food. I most likely over feed, clowns are wasteful and the shrimp is lazy.
5ef9179f5a17b71d0cf2c3990fbccfa1.jpg

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Katrina71 the brown is pretty much gone today. A little stays in the sump but not the DT. I have 6 snails so far I think they are Astraea. I will be adding others.

Thank you @Musovski I am loving it also. Hope everyone stays healthy

@NY_Caveman it’s amazing that the BTA is putting up with the clown fish and everyone is getting along. The BTA seems to prefer having the clown most of the time.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well duh. Who doesn't prefer to snuggle?

The one clown wants to snuggle but other says it’s my BTA so hang in the corner in till I have use for you. It’s kinda sad

I feel if the BTA was bigger they would share. We will make it work the best we can

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t like to call one female and one male. They are tiny and not sure if that is a correct statement. The bigger one is boss and stays in the Nem and the smaller does submit. In the beginning she would head bitt and give a love bite to get him where she wanted. Now if he doesn’t get her hint she will only head butt if needed. When eating and they go for the same piece of food he will stop to let her have it. It’s cute. The smaller one seems a little immature at times but they are cute

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I went to the store to get a pair of livestock but when I was there a little girl wanted them so I let them have it. I had the store owner reorder mine. It’s only been 2 weeks since I added the clowns so I don’t mind waiting.

I did get some goodies when there. I got new lights because the AI Hydras not going in to detail are not my cup of tea. Got a good deal, a bunch of swag and $150 store credit.
f2feb53532b02cb0597a3ae49ba1b656.jpg

Brain at Reefco is a big help to me. I got all my equipment from him and most if not all my fish will be from Reefco.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I went to the store to get a pair of livestock but when I was there a little girl wanted them so I let them have it. I had the store owner reorder mine. It’s only been 2 weeks since I added the clowns so I don’t mind waiting.

I did get some goodies when there. I got new lights because the AI Hydras not going in to detail are not my cup of tea. Got a good deal, a bunch of swag and $150 store credit.
f2feb53532b02cb0597a3ae49ba1b656.jpg

Brain at Reefco is a big help to me. I got all my equipment from him and most if not all my fish will be from Reefco.

Holy upgrade! Grats!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back