JUST ADDED TO SALE: Reef Octopus, Abyzz, Maxspect & more!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything currently on sale is already at its lowest price, so you don't have to worry about prices changing in a few days :)
So what your saying is........picking up a Vertex 150 right now for about the same price as just the Varios replacement pump for my 4 year old elite prime might be a good move....

OP
OP
Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bryn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to have to remember the freebies, three orders in three days, either forgot or was out of stock.. Next time...;)

OP
OP
Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to have to remember the freebies, three orders in three days, either forgot or was out of stock.. Next time...;)

For sure!! There's a lot to keep track of during Black Friday sale season... I suggest a spreadsheet for maximum deal organization, lol ;)

OP
OP
Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why don’t you guys carry the elite? @Bulk Reef Supply

We try to keep our line-up semi-simple, and each product is evaluated based on if it fills a hole in our offering. Because the Elite's are so similar to the Omega's, at the time they were launched I believe we deemed they did not fill a hole. We can certainly re-evaluate that, though.

Is there a reason you would go with the elite vs the omega?

J.durk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We try to keep our line-up semi-simple, and each product is evaluated based on if it fills a hole in our offering. Because the Elite's are so similar to the Omega's, at the time they were launched I believe we deemed they did not fill a hole. We can certainly re-evaluate that, though.

Is there a reason you would go with the elite vs the omega?

I guess every brand has stories about how things of failed, but I’ve heard a lot of stories about broken impellers on these vertex skimmers. Plus, the reef octopus believe 200 which I think is comparable to the vertex alpha 250 is $400 cheaper and comes with a DC controllable pump. I am sure those vertex skimmers are amazing so maybe it’s just brand loyalty on my part. When I first got in the hobby a few years back, I called you guys and you recommended a reef octopus 150. Skimmer was amazing and easy to adjust. I have since upgraded to a 200 gallon tank and have gone through a couple of different skimmers that I got from my LFS and I have not nearly bee as satisfied.

Either way, I appreciate everything you guys do for the hobby @Bulk Reef Supply and really enjoy your videos and would like to buy a new skimmer from you guys but was really hoping to get the reef octopus.

OP
OP
Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess every brand has stories about how things of failed, but I’ve heard a lot of stories about broken impellers on these vertex skimmers. Plus, the reef octopus believe 200 which I think is comparable to the vertex alpha 250 is $400 cheaper and comes with a DC controllable pump. I am sure those vertex skimmers are amazing so maybe it’s just brand loyalty on my part. When I first got in the hobby a few years back, I called you guys and you recommended a reef octopus 150. Skimmer was amazing and easy to adjust. I have since upgraded to a 200 gallon tank and have gone through a couple of different skimmers that I got from my LFS and I have not nearly bee as satisfied.

Fair enough. I'll share your feedback with our product merchandiser to evaluate!

Gp!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got excited when I saw the title. Been waiting for these to go on sale... The dreaded necro poster! Gah ;Vamp :eek: ;Punch

c.poindexter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. Bringing an 8 month old post from the dead. Not cool...LOL

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back