Just another report of fresh air intake for a skimmer and it's effect on pH.

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id been trying to figure out how to rig up a CO2 scrubber. It was gonna be a PITA due to my stand configuration and I realized that I could infact rig up a fresh air intake in an equally PITA method. However I'd have to recharge and service a CO2 scrubber.

So anyway here's my pH readings over the past few days. Not only is the average pH higher but the down sides of slopes are more gradual.
PhotoGrid_Plus_1634950215855.jpg

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id been trying to figure out how to rig up a CO2 scrubber. It was gonna be a PITA due to my stand configuration and I realized that I could infact rig up a fresh air intake in an equally PITA method. However I'd have to recharge and service a CO2 scrubber.

So anyway here's my pH readings over the past few days. Not only is the average pH higher but the down sides of slopes are more gradual.
PhotoGrid_Plus_1634950215855.jpg
Great, so the CO2 is being removed to the air in the sump area I assume? Is that area well ventilated also?

OP
OP
C

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great, so the CO2 is being removed to the air in the sump area I assume? Is that area well ventilated also?
If I were running a CO2 scrubber that would be the general idea. Stand is only open partially in the back.

I ended up running 6' of rigid tubing to the skimmer venturi intake pulling air from a cracked window. I used weather stripping to fill the slight gap left between the window and the sash. It'll be easily removed when we move out. Doesn't draw too much attention and I've installed a bar in the window track for security to keep the window from being forced open.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back