Just bought a 2.5" squamosa clam! Suggestions??

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I guess the other video does not work. I guess I can't upload directly from my phone.. Well here is the YouTube video of the clam I just took! I will get some photos tomorrow as well.

From my research and experience providing success so far I have found that it should match parameters stable for SPS in terms of calcium, alk, and pH stability, but at the same time should be provided with an ample nutrient supply. If my nutrients bottom out in my tank it is relatively noticeable in a lot of the inhabitants. I run a pretty high nutrient system and have success with all my corals so far ranging from many softies, LPS to some SPS and the clam/mixed inverts.

If anyone wants you can follow the progress of my tank here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/sauceys-13-5-fluval-evo-mixed-reef-exotic-invert-tank.822855/

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So cool!!! Where in the tank has it been the happiest? I’m currently getting my tank stable and in check. Had a few issues a couple of months ago with parameter swings and losing a couple of corals but seems to be slowly getting in control. Just need to see if I can get my nutrients dialed in a bit and then I can seriously start considering a clam. I can’t see the video, maybe due to the fact that I’m in a mobile device. I’m sure it’s cool!
I think it is dependent on the clam. The squamosa can apparently do well anywhere but likes the sand bed. I was quite unaware how much they moved. It is honestly almost constantly shifting positions. If I move the powerhead at all it will move slightly - I am guessing looking for its favorite flow spot. Also I have seen it straight jump an inch in the water to expel water or air. For being a clam they sure have some muscle to them! :p

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FTS you can see the squamosa growth though comparatively from the shots before

.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back