Just caught this today after removing rocks to catch some fish.

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get your LR? Looks to be a wild anemone or possibly a Ball anemone

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do see a a baby rfa or perhaps majano in that pic.
I have babies from 3 successive spawns. Most are orange with green tenticles. I have 3 adults and at least 50 babies of various sizes. Min have spawned for a year or so. It's fun. Brfa free to a good home. Lol.

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have babies from 3 successive spawns. Most are orange with green tenticles. I have 3 adults and at least 50 babies of various sizes. Min have spawned for a year or so. It's fun. Brfa free to a good home. Lol.

20210928_202249.jpg
20210820_115339.jpg
20210820_115339.jpg

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the head/mouth of the worm? If so I've seen a lot of sci-fi movies with things that look like that! Now I know where they get their inspiration from! Haha.
That's the tail as it disappeared. The mouth is a mass if feather like tenticles. I'll try for a pic tonight.

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get your LR? Looks to be a wild anemone or possibly a Ball anemone
Most of that tank is KPaquatics. Best hitchhikers ever. 2 pistol shrimp, anemone crab serpent stars. To many to mention. The rock flowers parents were there first. Kp is really good.

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of that tank is KPaquatics. Best hitchhikers ever. 2 pistol shrimp, anemone crab serpent stars. To many to mention. The rock flowers parents were there first. Kp is really good.
I got mine from Gulf Live Rock and would highly recommend. I ask because that looks like a wild gulf anemone. Not a bad thing but I’ve got a couple that have the same looking color/design on their disk.

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are rockflowers. That one in the pic is less than an eighth of an inch including tenticles. They do fluoresce under the blues and the larger ones become obvious.

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine from Gulf Live Rock and would highly recommend. I ask because that looks like a wild gulf anemone. Not a bad thing but I’ve got a couple that have the same looking color/design on their disk.
I'm looking for rock now. On the waiting list no at kp. I've seen that rock advertised. Thanks. I might try it.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the tail as it disappeared. The mouth is a mass if feather like tenticles. I'll try for a pic tonight.
OMG, I think the tail is scarier than the head!! Haha. I can deal with any type of terrestrial worm and I encourage them in my garden. The marine worms on the other hand are a hard "no" for me. Something that can grow longer than I am tall and can probably swallow me whole will never live with me!! LOL

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back