Just curious, how many of you have aiptasia?

Do you have aiptaisa?

• Yes

Votes: 266 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 152 36.4%

• Total voters
https://www.omegasea.net/

trout

View Badges
Reaction score
I had one pop up on a frag. Hit it with Aiptasia-X... the one became two, rinse repeat, etc. Got some peppermint shrimp. That did nothing. Got a CBB and within a week never spotted another again.
You probably have plenty more if you look carefully in your sump, weir or even underneath your rocks in your display tank. By applying that Aiptasia-X stuff, you must have caused the single aiptasia to sporulate.

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
You probably have plenty more if you look carefully in your sump, weir or even underneath your rocks in your display tank. By applying that Aiptasia-X stuff, you must have caused the single aiptasia to sporulate.
When I dropped the CBB in I had maybe 8 visible. I have since re-scaped, cleaned the sump, etc. There are no more that I can find. Haven't seen any in well over a year.

And I only used the Aiptasia-x 2 times. And yes, it cause multiplication.

brianbigoats

View Badges
Reaction score
I had them in the last tank but this one I have tried hard to keep them out only adding frags and inspecting them before I add them

sp1187

View Badges
Reaction score
none in the display, but quite a few in the sump. no idea where they came from.
put 4 peppermints in the sump. don't think they are doing any good. ordering some berg nudis as soon as I find a few other items I like on the site to get me to free shipping.

World Wide Corals - Quality Aqua-cultured Coral

Slawman

View Badges
Reaction score
My population seems to be stable and not expanding or annoying any of my other inhabitants. I started to take a different view of these traditional "pests" when my wife and daughters said they were the prettiest things in the tank! I am not keeping SPS at the moment and this is where I have found the complete incompatibility however for softies, morphs clams and fish they are fine.

OP
ScottR

ScottR

Opihi picker
View Badges
Reaction score
My population seems to be stable and not expanding or annoying any of my other inhabitants. I started to take a different view of these traditional "pests" when my wife and daughters said they were the prettiest things in the tank! I am not keeping SPS at the moment and this is where I have found the complete incompatibility however for softies, morphs clams and fish they are fine.
At least someone can enjoy them. They’re lovely creatures but I just hate to see them. For some reason, they always make their way to my zoas and sting them so I just can’t have them.

World Wide Corals - Quality Aqua-cultured Coral

How often do you have to empty your skimmer collection cup?

• Every day

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • 1-2 Days

Votes: 48 7.2%
  • 3-4 Days

Votes: 155 23.2%
  • 5-6 Days

Votes: 88 13.2%
  • A Week

Votes: 251 37.5%
  • More than a week

Votes: 111 16.6%