Just curious, how many of you have aiptasia?

Do you have aiptaisa?

• Yes

Votes: 318 64.9%
  • No

Votes: 172 35.1%

• Total voters

Glott3133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS sells peppermint shrimp for $15 each. It can get pretty costly if they end up as a snack to my blue throat. They also have a filefish, they call an Aiptasia Filefish. Not sure if it's just a marketing thing, or is a specific Filefish for aiptasia.

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with mostly dry rock but did bring a couple in with a piece of Fiji live rock I used to seed everything. I was able to eradicate them quickly with boiling water. Three and a half years later, I'm still aiptasia free.

Michigan Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to make an order for Berghia Nudibranchs from Saltyunderground. Has anybody had experience with them and or other Nudibranchs? How many should I order? 25 Gallon Lagoon + 45 gallon breeder tank full of them, plus a refugium with rocks that have them too. Has anyone been able to successfully breed them in your tank? I had a friend who bought them and they wiped out the aptasia, but then starved and the aptasia came back after a few months. Must not have eliminated all of them.

HotManwich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a big fat one I named "Leeroy" in a corner of my tank I cant reach. Must be three inches long now and one or two wide. He hasnt spread yet and just chills, so I havent gone on a scorched earth campaign to get him.

Franky I just want to see how big it gets now

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I confess I let the go so I could grow some berghia in my tank. We will see if that was a mistake or not.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My LFS sells peppermint shrimp for $15 each. It can get pretty costly if they end up as a snack to my blue throat. They also have a filefish, they call an Aiptasia Filefish. Not sure if it's just a marketing thing, or is a specific Filefish for aiptasia.
matted seem to be the best

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple. F aiptasia works really well on the ones I can find.

Kleins Butterf

How do people keep butterflys in their tanks with corals? Im really nervous to try that, I went the peppermint route and they demolished some acans overnight,!

Wee Mad Arthur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No aiptasia, but I get Mojo's and they are harder to deal with I think.

I‘ve been trying to get rid of a majano for months. I had 2 and was able to get rid of one with aiptasia-x but the other one just won’t die.

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How do people keep butterflys in their tanks with corals? Im really nervous to try that, I went the peppermint route and they demolished some acans overnight,!
Keep them fat and happy with regular food. At least that's how I keep mine

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Same here. Peppermints are my acans like donuts. I noticed that the peppermints tend to feed on corals in their area that they stay in. I had a pagoda that just wouldn’t open up. Moved it to the opposite end of the tank and it’s doing fine. I even see them digging in the mouth of my plates. But you know what, I’m happy to feed them occasional acans if they keep aiptasia away. I haven’t seen aiptaisa in my tank for months.

trout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have plenty in my weir, but none in my display tank thanks to my file fish and to a lesser extent CBB. Here is my what some may call aiptasia scrubber:

P1130230.jpg

No uneaten food can ever enter my sump. This area of my weir is also used as a training ground for new filefish. My present filefish did not touch any aiptasia initially. After three weeks living in this aiptasia heaven, he became an efficient hunter.

Furthermore, I occasionally scrape a few aiptasia to offer something different to my CBB as shown below:

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have plenty in my weir, but none in my display tank thanks to my file fish and to a lesser extent CBB. Here is my what some may call aiptasia scrubber:

P1130230.jpg

No uneaten food can ever enter my sump. This area of my weir is also used as a training ground for new filefish. My present filefish did not touch any aiptasia initially. After three weeks living in this aiptasia heaven, he became an efficient hunter.

Furthermore, I occasionally scrape a few aiptasia to offer something different to my CBB as shown below:

I want those aiptasia. They are huge.

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one pop up on a frag. Hit it with Aiptasia-X... the one became two, rinse repeat, etc. Got some peppermint shrimp. That did nothing. Got a CBB and within a week never spotted another again.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back