Just curious, how many of you have aiptasia?

Do you have aiptaisa?

• Yes

Votes: 318 64.9%
  • No

Votes: 172 35.1%

• Total voters

Lingwendil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No.

I try not to buy from tanks that have it, and even then I tend to buy unmounted loose frags and mount them myself, or remount them to avoid it if I'm unsure.

trout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one pop up on a frag. Hit it with Aiptasia-X... the one became two, rinse repeat, etc. Got some peppermint shrimp. That did nothing. Got a CBB and within a week never spotted another again.

You probably have plenty more if you look carefully in your sump, weir or even underneath your rocks in your display tank. By applying that Aiptasia-X stuff, you must have caused the single aiptasia to sporulate.

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You probably have plenty more if you look carefully in your sump, weir or even underneath your rocks in your display tank. By applying that Aiptasia-X stuff, you must have caused the single aiptasia to sporulate.

When I dropped the CBB in I had maybe 8 visible. I have since re-scaped, cleaned the sump, etc. There are no more that I can find. Haven't seen any in well over a year.

And I only used the Aiptasia-x 2 times. And yes, it cause multiplication.

brianbigoats

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had them in the last tank but this one I have tried hard to keep them out only adding frags and inspecting them before I add them

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
none in the display, but quite a few in the sump. no idea where they came from.
put 4 peppermints in the sump. don't think they are doing any good. ordering some berg nudis as soon as I find a few other items I like on the site to get me to free shipping.

Slawman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My population seems to be stable and not expanding or annoying any of my other inhabitants. I started to take a different view of these traditional "pests" when my wife and daughters said they were the prettiest things in the tank! I am not keeping SPS at the moment and this is where I have found the complete incompatibility however for softies, morphs clams and fish they are fine.

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My population seems to be stable and not expanding or annoying any of my other inhabitants. I started to take a different view of these traditional "pests" when my wife and daughters said they were the prettiest things in the tank! I am not keeping SPS at the moment and this is where I have found the complete incompatibility however for softies, morphs clams and fish they are fine.
At least someone can enjoy them. They’re lovely creatures but I just hate to see them. For some reason, they always make their way to my zoas and sting them so I just can’t have them.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i have learned from exp ,tank raised peps tend not to eat em ,wild every time and are hardy ,anybody wants to know where to get some pm me i'll send you info cheap too

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Klein's butterflyfish will also eat the polyps of your sps corals if you have any in your tank.

I have a few sps, what about lps? I have a nice plump Kenyan tree coral he can eat all he wants?

Back