Just finished setting up my 20 gallon hospital

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tested cooper again and it is .28 now. I added 18 drops on the second dose. I have a 30 gallon hang on filter on the back with bio bale in it and a air foam bubble filter. How much do you think I need to add?
Looks like 18 drops raised your tank .11 ppm. In theory, you would need to add 36 more drops to hit 0.50. However, copper is weird, it binds with calcium in the water at first, and less so later on, so you will probably not need to add that much. Try adding another 18 drops and let it mix and retest.
Jay

OP
OP
easyautocare18

easyautocare18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like 18 drops raised your tank .11 ppm. In theory, you would need to add 36 more drops to hit 0.50. However, copper is weird, it binds with calcium in the water at first, and less so later on, so you will probably not need to add that much. Try adding another 18 drops and let it mix and retest.
Jay
Thanks

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just retested copper. I did the test wrong earlier. My copper is at .41

That makes more sense. You are close to the proper level. Maybe add 5 drops and retest?

Jay

OP
OP
easyautocare18

easyautocare18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes more sense. You are close to the proper level. Maybe add 5 drops and retest?

Jay
I just tested my copper and I got a reading of .28ppm I tested it again 3 more times and it still shows .22 .24 .26 .28. I have added 18 drops plus 18 drops plus 5 drops. And these are my readings. I just added 5 more drops I will test again this evening. That is now a total of 46 drops. I will remind you I did drip acclimate 2 clowns to it for 45 minutes.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tested my copper and I got a reading of .28ppm I tested it again 3 more times and it still shows .22 .24 .26 .28. I have added 18 drops plus 18 drops plus 5 drops. And these are my readings. I just added 5 more drops I will test again this evening. That is now a total of 46 drops. I will remind you I did drip acclimate 2 clowns to it for 45 minutes.
You just need to edge up to a full dose, small doses with mixing well before testing.
You don’t have carbon on any chemical filters on the tank? I can usually hit a coppersafe dose in one shot. Cupramine is more reactive and prone to absorption, but not to this extent….
Jay

OP
OP
easyautocare18

easyautocare18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You just need to edge up to a full dose, small doses with mixing well before testing.
You don’t have carbon on any chemical filters on the tank? I can usually hit a coppersafe dose in one shot. Cupramine is more reactive and prone to absorption, but not to this extent….
Jay
I'm sending the hanna tester back and getting another one. It was missing 4 out of the 6 of the reagents. It was missing th3 cleaning towel. I tested my ro water and it showed .05 ppm. I used my api copper test on the QT and it shows no copper. I'm ordering another hanna tester from eBay this time. Hopefully it will be not tampered with. Everytime I order from Amazon.

OP
OP
easyautocare18

easyautocare18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sending the hanna tester back and getting another one. It was missing 4 out of the 6 of the reagents. It was missing th3 cleaning towel. I tested my ro water and it showed .05 ppm. I used my api copper test on the QT and it shows no copper. I'm ordering another hanna tester from eBay this time. Hopefully it will be not tampered with. Everytime I order from Amazon.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back