Just found our Sailfin Tang will be to large for aquarium

bottomfeeder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm a newbie to the saltwater tank world. Previously I had a freshwater for about 9 years that was successful. In our fish buy, we got a sail fin tang without the knowledge that my 90 gallon tank will too be to small for him. What do I do in this scenario? I've never sold fish nor do I know how too. Do local saltwater fish stores buy fish sometimes? Or even take donated fish? I'm sure the sail fin wasn't cheap but I more-so don't want him messing up the tank in the coming months if he grows to large. Thanks for any thoughts!

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm a newbie to the saltwater tank world. Previously I had a freshwater for about 9 years that was successful. In our fish buy, we got a sail fin tang without the knowledge that my 90 gallon tank will too be to small for him. What do I do in this scenario? I've never sold fish nor do I know how too. Do local saltwater fish stores buy fish sometimes? Or even take donated fish? I'm sure the sail fin wasn't cheap but I more-so don't want him messing up the tank in the coming months if he grows to large. Thanks for any thoughts!

I'm glad you learned this sooner rather than having him be in a bad situation. Most stores will take trade-ins for store credit or you could look for someone local to come pick him up.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back