Just found this on the rocks

powertodareefle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's three different views.
It happened to be eating some algae while I took pics.
It seems like it sent out threads and snagged in this algae.
20171115_094536.jpg
20171115_094816.jpg
20171115_094206.jpg

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vermetid worm/snail. Can release a film that can irritate corals. Plug up the hole with reef glue if need be. Also, it looks like you have pyramid snails by the pic you shared. Watch any snails or if you have clams, look for tiny white rice looking shells on the edges of your cuc snails, if you have any.

OP
OP
powertodareefle

powertodareefle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's three different views.
It happened to be eating some algae while I took pics.
It seems like it sent out threads and snagged in this algae.
20171115_094536.jpg
20171115_094816.jpg
20171115_094206.jpg
Vermetid worm/snail. Can release a film that can irritate corals. Plug up the hole with reef glue if need be. Also, it looks like you have pyramid snails by the pic you shared. Watch any snails or if you have clams, look for tiny white rice looking shells on the edges of your cuc snails, if you have any.
Yes, I was just looking at it again and it's definitely fishing. And the small snails have moved, Are they bad?

OP
OP
powertodareefle

powertodareefle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pyramid snails are bad, they eat snails and clams. Like DSC said check all your snails. Do you have any clams in your tank?
No clams, But around 15 snails. How do you get rid of Pyramid snails? because there's no way I can pick those out.
I'm going to pull the rock and chisel those "Vermint's" out.

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No clams, But around 15 snails. How do you get rid of Pyramid snails? because there's no way I can pick those out.
I'm going to pull the rock and chisel those "Vermint's" out.
We are going through the same thing with pyramids. The only way we found that we hope will work is taking out all our snails and leaving it snail and clam free for about a year. Yes you will have to clean more without snails in the tank. But if you think about it they are going to kill your snails anyway. We tired a wrasse but no luck there.

OP
OP
powertodareefle

powertodareefle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are going through the same thing with pyramids. The only way we found that we hope will work is taking out all our snails and leaving it snail and clam free for about a year. Yes you will have to clean more without snails in the tank. But if you think about it they are going to kill your snails anyway. We tired a wrasse but no luck there.
Thanks for the Info.

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white things look like pineapple sponge. They are good filter feeders. As for the red slime, it could be a glass anenome sucked in from being out of the water. I'm not 100% on the slime. Maybe others can chime in on This.

OP
OP
powertodareefle

powertodareefle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white things look like pineapple sponge. They are good filter feeders. As for the red slime, it could be a glass anenome sucked in from being out of the water. I'm not 100% on the slime. Maybe others can chime in on This.
They just look like pink patches on the rocks while in the water. And they looked like this before I removed them.
20171115_121341.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back