Just got home from Universal Studios.....AND WORLD WIDE CORALS!!!

ARAJEA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me start by saying the food at Universal was ridiculously underwhelming. They have nothing on Disney. The rides were fun and The Hulk Rollercoaster was one of the best I've ever been on. Now to the important. World Wide Corals was without a doubt amazing. We spent three hours in there Tuesday evening. The kids were unhappy. We made our purchase with the precursor that we were not leaving Orlando till Friday morning early, before they would open, so we would be picking up Thursday night and they gladly held the purchase from Tuesday till today, knowing they would be packaging for an overnight shipping. Well, after the park had the entire families feet killing them this morning we decided to leave the park to go back to the resort (Loews royal pacific) and spend some time in the pool, eat, go to sleep, wake up early, drive home. I suggested we leave today so we could pick up the coral and get it home quickly, not wake up early to drive, get home and get in our own pool, etc....my wife bit, I tugged. We went back to World Wide Corals and told them we were there to pick up our order and were driving 7 (ish) hours. They started to pack everything up and we started looking around...again. The kids were unhappy. We came home with a CUC addition and some of the brightest corals I've ever seen. If you are ever in Orlando.....bring a full wallet.

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me start by saying the food at Universal was ridiculously underwhelming. They have nothing on Disney. The rides were fun and The Hulk Rollercoaster was one of the best I've ever been on. Now to the important. World Wide Corals was without a doubt amazing. We spent three hours in there Tuesday evening. The kids were unhappy. We made our purchase with the precursor that we were not leaving Orlando till Friday morning early, before they would open, so we would be picking up Thursday night and they gladly held the purchase from Tuesday till today, knowing they would be packaging for an overnight shipping. Well, after the park had the entire families feet killing them this morning we decided to leave the park to go back to the resort (Loews royal pacific) and spend some time in the pool, eat, go to sleep, wake up early, drive home. I suggested we leave today so we could pick up the coral and get it home quickly, not wake up early to drive, get home and get in our own pool, etc....my wife bit, I tugged. We went back to World Wide Corals and told them we were there to pick up our order and were driving 7 (ish) hours. They started to pack everything up and we started looking around...again. The kids were unhappy. We came home with a CUC addition and some of the brightest corals I've ever seen. If you are ever in Orlando.....bring a full wallet.
Any photos of your new corals? Would love to see them lol.

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm shocked you had any expectations that food at ANY amusement park was good. It's all low budget, extremely overpriced trash.

OP
OP
ARAJEA

ARAJEA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only ever had one bad experience at Disney and we have gone there every year since 2013. In fact Be Our Guest and Akershus are two of my favorite places to eat. You should try some more low budget, extremely overpriced trash. You might be pleasantly surprised.

OP
OP
ARAJEA

ARAJEA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to get good shots...

20200925_133149.jpg

OP
OP
ARAJEA

ARAJEA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can show you some extremely overpriced trash that is the best food you've ever eaten.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up coming home with the trident and 6 months of reagent. They could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in white gloves.
How much? :)

Nice write up. I'll make a point to fly into FLA if we ever get permission to fly again?

saturn13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awsome, going to Disney soon.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is possible to bring corals on airplanes, but you should do some research on it, and calling ahead to ask a specific airport about their policies is good. Many of them will gladly let you in with water over the normal restricted amount, if it has a live fish in it, since that means it's water and not something dangerous. You would want to ask if coral also counts, since it's harder for the layperson to tell if a coral is alive, or even real. That's for a carry-on, of course. You could check a bag with coral in it, but you'd want to insulate it pretty well, and IMO having them in the carry-on with you is probably best.

Gotta say, though, shocked anyone is going to Disney with a pandemic on.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back