Just got home from Universal Studios.....AND WORLD WIDE CORALS!!!

OP
OP
ARAJEA

ARAJEA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is possible to bring corals on airplanes, but you should do some research on it, and calling ahead to ask a specific airport about their policies is good. Many of them will gladly let you in with water over the normal restricted amount, if it has a live fish in it, since that means it's water and not something dangerous. You would want to ask if coral also counts, since it's harder for the layperson to tell if a coral is alive, or even real. That's for a carry-on, of course. You could check a bag with coral in it, but you'd want to insulate it pretty well, and IMO having them in the carry-on with you is probably best.

Gotta say, though, shocked anyone is going to Disney with a pandemic on.
They insist you wear masks. Hand sanitizer before and after rides. I felt more safe in the park than I do at wal mart.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hand sanitizer does nothing, this thing basically doesn't transmit via touch at all. Can you guarantee that everyone at the park keeps their mask on, worn correctly, with an actual medical mask mask that's properly fitted, at all times? Even the children? And even that doesn't mean no one can get sick, it just lowers the chance of transmission.

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People are just over this whole pandemic and Florida is probably a state saying S#*$w this and getting on with its life. Not saying certain at risk people don’t need to be careful but a healthy person is at very little risk. I know a few people who tested positive and showed very little symptoms and wasn’t any worse then the normal cold.

As to WWC I love visiting them in person much better deals then online and they have a ton more coral then they ever post online. Heck last time I went there was an Acan section ranging from $10-150 With possibly 100+ frags. Online I think at the time there were two Acan frags. I picked up 4 frags for $100 and couldn’t have been happier.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is a disease that causes lasting, possibly permanent heart damage in a majority of people who get a severe case of it. 200,000 people in the US are dead, more are dying, and who knows how many thousands of people are going to have permanent heart and lung issues from this. Healthy people die of this. Children die of this. People get this, give it to other people during the two-week incubation period, and cause other people to die of this. Just because some people get it and don't die doesn't mean it's not anything to be worried about. My family has not been able to go anywhere public since March, because people aren't taking this thing seriously and taking proper precautions, and because we have multiple family members who are at worse-than-average risk. There is a pandemic going on, it is still going on, and it is continuing to kill and permanently harm people because of it not being taken seriously. I can't believe amusement parks are even allowed to be open.

OP
OP
ARAJEA

ARAJEA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We weren't in the park in the dark. They are closing by 6 I think it was. We will be back in January. Hopefully its open later because now I want to get on in the dark.

OP
OP
ARAJEA

ARAJEA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Approximately how many corals are in their store? Is it possible to bring them home on an airplane? I didn't know if that was allowed or not.
Too many to count. Plus they let my wife in the back which is even bigger than the store front itself. I don't know about taking them on a plane? I mean probably but I'd call the airline first. Imagine dropping a grand on coral just to find out you couldn't fly home!

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree on Universal Studios being overrated. We take the kids to LA Disney every year (except this year...) and added a day to Universal last year. First time I had been there since I was a little kid and remembered loving it. The rides were almost all virtual and not very good virtual... The kids loved Harry Potter land, but the rest was boring. Love Disney though!

Once this pandemic is over and past us we would love to bring the kids to Disney World. I love that place. And we will ABSOLUTELY be visiting WWC and TSA. Super jealous we don't have stores like that here.

Regarding flying home with them, what I'd probably do is pick out corals then pay them to ship them for me. That way you won't have to worry about it and they'd arrive the day after you get home.

OP
OP
ARAJEA

ARAJEA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree on Universal Studios being overrated. We take the kids to LA Disney every year (except this year...) and added a day to Universal last year. First time I had been there since I was a little kid and remembered loving it. The rides were almost all virtual and not very good virtual... The kids loved Harry Potter land, but the rest was boring. Love Disney though!

Once this pandemic is over and past us we would love to bring the kids to Disney World. I love that place. And we will ABSOLUTELY be visiting WWC and TSA. Super jealous we don't have stores like that here.

Regarding flying home with them, what I'd probably do is pick out corals then pay them to ship them for me. That way you won't have to worry about it and they'd arrive the day after you get home.
You nailed that on the head. SO MANY of the rides were virtual 3d type rides. I was getting sick to my stomach. Roller coasters I can do all day but the virtual I can only handle so much.

wendybsg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me start by saying the food at Universal was ridiculously underwhelming. They have nothing on Disney. The rides were fun and The Hulk Rollercoaster was one of the best I've ever been on. Now to the important. World Wide Corals was without a doubt amazing. We spent three hours in there Tuesday evening. The kids were unhappy. We made our purchase with the precursor that we were not leaving Orlando till Friday morning early, before they would open, so we would be picking up Thursday night and they gladly held the purchase from Tuesday till today, knowing they would be packaging for an overnight shipping. Well, after the park had the entire families feet killing them this morning we decided to leave the park to go back to the resort (Loews royal pacific) and spend some time in the pool, eat, go to sleep, wake up early, drive home. I suggested we leave today so we could pick up the coral and get it home quickly, not wake up early to drive, get home and get in our own pool, etc....my wife bit, I tugged. We went back to World Wide Corals and told them we were there to pick up our order and were driving 7 (ish) hours. They started to pack everything up and we started looking around...again. The kids were unhappy. We came home with a CUC addition and some of the brightest corals I've ever seen. If you are ever in Orlando.....bring a full wallet.
I live down here and I’m always at Disney. I haven’t gotten to WWC yet because always with fam and have to do what everyone wants to so

stylolvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's dangerous living ~15 minutes from WWC's new store in Winter Park, FL. Only about a half-hour drive to the main store. Getting ready to get back into the hobby with a Waterbox 20 cube and the wife is a bit nervous. As has been mentioned, the website doesn't do the store much justice. Really an amazing place! I haven't been to TSA yet, but plan on stopping in once things are up and running. Looking forward to some good pictures!

OP
OP
ARAJEA

ARAJEA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's dangerous living ~15 minutes from WWC's new store in Winter Park, FL. Only about a half-hour drive to the main store. Getting ready to get back into the hobby with a Waterbox 20 cube and the wife is a bit nervous. As has been mentioned, the website doesn't do the store much justice. Really an amazing place! I haven't been to TSA yet, but plan on stopping in once things are up and running. Looking forward to some good pictures!
I would be so broke if I lived that close...

OP
OP
ARAJEA

ARAJEA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live down here and I’m always at Disney. I haven’t gotten to WWC yet because always with fam and have to do what everyone wants to so
There are a few places to eat right there. Send the family to whichever restaurant you know they will be the most indecisive in and go to WWC!

wendybsg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a few places to eat right there. Send the family to whichever restaurant you know they will be the most indecisive in and go to WWC!
Haha...we always stay at the resorts and they always make reservations...our go to is the Rain Forest. We are staying at the Tree House resorts 10/29-11/1. We live in Tampa, but love our mini vaca’s to Disney.

OP
OP
ARAJEA

ARAJEA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rainforest is one we hit every time we are there also. I have a picture of my son every year since 2013 with the nachos appetizer in front of him! The Rainforest Cafe in downtown disney, not the one at Animal Kingdom.

BiKes100g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WWC is really close to the Universal area so it makes sense for people coming to visit the theme parks to stop in for a look. But if your coming to actually buy stuff u have got to go to TSA and LRO. LRO is smaller but they always have beautiful corals and better prices then TSA and WWC. I live closer to WWC but drive the extra 30 mins to the other ones every time.

wendybsg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rainforest is one we hit every time we are there also. I have a picture of my son every year since 2013 with the nachos appetizer in front of him! The Rainforest Cafe in downtown disney, not the one at Animal Kingdom.
Yes! Love the Star Wars ride! Easy on this old person!

wendybsg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WWC is really close to the Universal area so it makes sense for people coming to visit the theme parks to stop in for a look. But if your coming to actually buy stuff u have got to go to TSA and LRO. LRO is smaller but they always have beautiful corals and better prices then TSA and WWC. I live closer to WWC but drive the extra 30 mins to the other ones every time.
TSA in Greenacres, right?

Back