Just joined. Back in hobby after a longggg break. This site is new to me.

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Glad you are back!

1a-Welcome Aboard.gif

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

Greetings from Tampa! I hear you when you say how quiet RC has become. R2R is a pretty vibrant community which I don't think you will be disappointed with. Good luck with your 20g!

By the way if you go to https://www.reef2reef.com/account/account-details and scroll to the bottom, you can put your build thread URL into the field "R2R Tank Thread Link" to show up as an easy to access badge under your avatar in each post.

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got back into the hobby was sad to see RC rather quiet but this site seems really active so I figured I would join on up.

I am located in broward county Florida. Will be hopfully rejoining FMAS local club if they ever start in person events after this corona thing.

I will be posting my build progress here https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/a-t-t-r’s-return-to-the-hobby-20-gallon-build-thread.852368/ and hopefully this addiction does not kick in like last time. The last time I was in this hobby my garage got converted into multiple frag tanks some being custom built out of wood an fiber glass. A very easy thing to happen when you live near a port and had access to many wholesalers which is thankfully no longer the case. A vacation disaster made me leave the hobby after the death of my prized and as far as I can tell one of a kind blue zoas died along with everything else. Cold winter and the person watching the tanks left the door to the garage open overnight.

(only picture that i still have taken under 6.5-10k light )
Welcome to R2R! RC is very dead (good riddance) but don't forget Nano Reef is also a thriving community especially for the nano-tank lovers.

But supporting your local club is definitely the way to go to build your corals back up

Last edited:

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got back into the hobby was sad to see RC rather quiet but this site seems really active so I figured I would join on up.

I am located in broward county Florida. Will be hopfully rejoining FMAS local club if they ever start in person events after this corona thing.

I will be posting my build progress here https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/a-t-t-r’s-return-to-the-hobby-20-gallon-build-thread.852368/ and hopefully this addiction does not kick in like last time. The last time I was in this hobby my garage got converted into multiple frag tanks some being custom built out of wood an fiber glass. A very easy thing to happen when you live near a port and had access to many wholesalers which is thankfully no longer the case. A vacation disaster made me leave the hobby after the death of my prized and as far as I can tell one of a kind blue zoas died along with everything else. Cold winter and the person watching the tanks left the door to the garage open overnight.

Welcome and Welcome Back!

Sorry for your losses; that had to be very sad. Fortunately you have BBA - Bounce Back Ability - glad you joined

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome to R2R!!!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.5%
Back