Just saw hundreds of theses in my tank what are they

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was sitting on my couch and noticed little white dots floating around my 20g reef aquarium. Went to check it oit and there are hundreds of them everywhere! They are not coppods or amphipods i am 100% sure. They seem to have small tails on them? Maybe hatchling from something in my tank plz help.

I have a clownfish, royal basslet, arrow crab, scarley hermit and a pincushion urchin. Other than that just some lps and soft corals. I tried taking a picture hard to see and they are extremely small. Also if this is eggs or hatchlings of whatever will they just die off? What should i do? I dont want my tank filled with hundreds of little fish/ crustations lol.

0124210124b_HDR.jpg 0124210124_HDR.jpg

Jimbo7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are probably some hitch hiker shrimp spawning in your tank that could look like this. Generally the mysid/mysis shrimp family seem to be most common.

I don't think anything from your list of inhabitants spawns in a free-floating manner that I would be concerned about. Most likely the fish will eat them and its a circle of life thing you don't need to worry about.

OP
OP
PeterB113

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are arrow crab zoae just watched a few videos on it and the crab is still doiing it! You can see the small white zoae under ger abdomen and she keeps flinging them off her into the water.

OP
OP
PeterB113

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope it is lol trying to do my best. I test my water for all parameters regularly and everything is looking good but all I have is a powerhead , heater and AI prime 16HD light.No skimmer or filter so I'm always worried somethings going wrong. Been doing 30% weekly changes.Thanks for your help!

Back