JUST SET UP A Red Sea REEFER 300

Keen4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK- This is my 3rd tank and first one with a sump. Im becoming and equipment junkie. lol.
Just set up this tank and im on week 3.
I have a built in ato (which is always emptying out quickly), refugium with a pixie 30 light, rsk 300 skimmer, and Nyos torq 2.0. Theres Neomarine Xport bio brick and refugium mud. I think my pump is too much pump for this tank: its a Vectra L2. Ive calibrated it to fit the system but I feel like im wasting the usage of its power. I do plan on getting a chiller later. I went based on what Ryan at BRStv mentioned once on a video saying that you can never go to big on a pump. Bigger the better.

Can anyone give me some advice please? When is the right time to start gfo and/or carbon. How low or high should I be running my skimmer at the moment?

I had to put the refugium before the skimmer and reactor because of space issues with the skimmer being to large. What are the pro's and con's of this order in filtration? Opinions?

Is it too late in the cycle to take out the dry Tonga and work on it? I wanted to do some drilling and add some acrylic rebar for stacking and designing.

Also I was ghost feeding until I noticed nitrates finally present. So I stopped and started up the skimmer. The DT has been a bit cloudy for some time now. Im not worried that it will clear up later. I just want confirmation from you guys on here that im doing this right. Today is a good day because the ammonia went down-

ammonia- 0
NO2- o
No3- 10ppm
pH- 8.2-8.25
Ammonia- 0ppm
Po4- .5 ppm
Salinity- 1.027

IMG_3502.JPG IMG_3503.JPG

Last edited:

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the build looking very nice! This hobby is scary addicting! Lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back