Just sharing some Caribbean Blue Tang pics

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4245_zpsdb396613.jpg

And check out this gash he got on his gut a couple weeks ago. It looked like his insides were going to leak out. I thought it might be a game ender, but already today, you wouldn't even notice it.

IMG_4255_zpsf1112c4c.jpg

IMG_4253_zps42f86af1.jpg

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It My favorite tang. I haven't had good luck with them. I need Chris to come get my scopas tang and I'll try one again

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice fish what do you think gave him that cut

SteelerMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool fish. I haven't seen many adults. It looks like it is still changing. Do you think it will become bluer (I don't think that is a word but you get it!) as time goes on?

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what would have given that cut to him. I have a few good size birdsnest and I could see him catching the point of a new branch or something. Or it could just be one of the other tangs in the tank. I don't really see them fight a lot, but I guess it wouldn't take much. He was one of the smaller tangs a while back, but he outgrew and is now pretty clearly the biggest.

I'm not sure on the coloring, he is certainly much darker than he used to be, but to me in the pics I see from LA and such they look darker. He gets very dark sometimes but it changes very fast and I can't capture it on camera. Stupid white balance.

Back