Just starting and want to deep clean second hand tank

ziggyjane07

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone - just picked up a Red Sea reefer 525xl and starting to get some of the gear to kick it over. So I really have no idea besides to videos I watch, but I want to give the big tank a really deep clean all over because it was full of aiptasia? (I think it’s called) and it was everywhere.
so just wondering what people would do and how? and also what would you use to clean?
Anyways sorry for the silly question I thought I would start here until I get everything else to start the set up? Thanks so much

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone - just picked up a Red Sea reefer 525xl and starting to get some of the gear to kick it over. So I really have no idea besides to videos I watch, but I want to give the big tank a really deep clean all over because it was full of aiptasia? (I think it’s called) and it was everywhere.
so just wondering what people would do and how? and also what would you use to clean?
Anyways sorry for the silly question I thought I would start here until I get everything else to start the set up? Thanks so much
Welcome!

Glad you joined and glad people already shared tips for cleaning. This site has lots of helpful people

Upvote 0

Ryan3313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
146202.gif

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back