Just wanted to confirm 3 gallon reef stocking.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 crabs and 4 or 5 sexy shrimp would be cool. Or would the crabs eat the shrimp
Also, if this is truly your first SW tank, I would recommend you go larger if possible. As has already been mentioned, small SW tanks can go south very quickly. "Cutting your teeth" on a 20-40 gallon tank will give you a chance to learn and make mistakes that you can recover from. The 3 gallon does not leave you that kind of room.
I have a one year-old jarquarium. I originally stocked it with three sexy shrimp, but they didn't do particularly well in it. As a bonus, though, the round contours of the jar magnified the inhabitants so that they often appeared to be much bigger than their actual size. I've now stocked the build with a black belly dwarf goby, pests, and a couple of LPS frags. Colonial hydroids are surprisingly pretty in a jar!

I'd definitely go with an Evo for a first build. I don't think that there's a better bang for your buck for a build this size.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, pom poms look awesome. My tanks taller than wide so I breed to get a very small crab. The pom pom are cool.
Pom Poms and sexies are pretty easy to care for and will do well in that small of a tank, make sure to add sexies in groups, and add the crabs last

Last edited:

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest a Hippo Tang, Powder Blue Surgeon Tang, Sailfin Tang and a Blonde Naso Tang...of course now you have ceviche instead of an aquarium!!
This is what I suggest to stock it with
1528C24D-9AF7-4AF8-9F70-978D3D59A1C4.jpeg

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend you get a stable tank setup before you even think about stocking, especially with invertebrates.

3 gallons just isn’t a lot of room for anything.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back