Just wanted to confirm 3 gallon reef stocking.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a 3 gallon pico reef bowl from google.

0D838C7E-3DC9-4A31-AF3A-743462D27A92.jpeg
That's gorgeous, but if I was going to do another pico build, I'd probably due a specimen jar with a distinctive aquascape. I think cynarina or elegance coral could be beautiful; a hammer coral bouqet could be stunning; a gorgonian garden would be impressive.

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picos are MUCH harder to manage than even a 3 gallon tank. Usually picos are only 0.5-1.5 gallons, which isn’t a lot of room at all. One small mistake, and all your coral dies. It’s such a small volume of water and doesn’t provide any room for error.

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picos are MUCH harder to manage than even a 3 gallon tank. Usually picos are only 0.5-1.5 gallons, which isn’t a lot of room at all. One small mistake, and all your coral dies. It’s such a small volume of water and doesn’t provide any room for error.
Thats the fun part for us extreme reefers lol

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
o_O lol Im extreme but I dont think I could handle anything less than a 3 or 5 gal. Thats like no-job, constant toping off type of commitment
It isn't if you keep a lid on it. Softies, inverts, pests, and small gobies will do well with an airstone for water circulation and oxygenation.

OP
OP
Obsessed with fish

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone and thanks for your help. I'm still thinking on what I should put in the 3 gallon, so many options! I have also decided on my pond, I have decided on a brackish pond with a sloped up beach area, with mangrove trees and bumblebee gobys. My balconys completely covered so rain lowering salinity shouldn't be a problem.

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone and thanks for your help. I'm still thinking on what I should put in the 3 gallon, so many options! I have also decided on my pond, I have decided on a brackish pond with a sloped up beach area, with mangrove trees and bumblebee gobys. My balconys completely covered so rain lowering salinity shouldn't be a problem.
i would say raising salinity is the issue bc water will evaporate fast

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Obsessed with fish

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, the pond won't be for about a year, so I have a while to decide on that. I just got granted permission to get a 5 or 8 gallon, so that would be good. If I find an 8 gallon, could I put a single clownish in with nothing else but inverts. If I get a 5 gallon or I can't fit a clown in a 8 gallon ill get the cute amazing gpbys. There's a goby shop with only gobies a few km away, they have every type of goby and its also quite cheap, I will go there and get either a neon goby, clown goby or shark nose goby with some pom pom crabs and sexy shrimp. Thank you so much to everyone for making me laugh and helping me create my dream 5 or 8 gallon. If it were not for this thread and you guys I would have no idea what to put in the tank. Highly appreciated!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back