Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Schell'sReefPufferfish.jpg
FrigusReefBubbleTipAnemone.jpg

(I'm new to the photography side of reefing so I'd like criticism) Thanks to Schell's Reef for letting me photograph the puffer XD

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s an awesome Puffer photo. I know nothing about photography, so maybe it’s terrible? I say it’s great!

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing shot on that puffer. U nailed focus and exposure. Eye contact cant be any better.
I'm.
Is that shot cropped ? I'd give composition a bit more thought and consider a different composition of the fish just to experiment. To me it looks like a bit too much of the fish body for a head shot, and too little of the fish for a fish shot. That's just nitpicking to maybe improve on an already amazing shot.

gearhead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
learning to mess with d5600 nikon with 40mm nikkor got alot to learn. but alot of fun.

DSC_0259.JPG clown bta .jpg clown.jpg puffer.jpg

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Schell'sReefPufferfish.jpg
FrigusReefBubbleTipAnemone.jpg

(I'm new to the photography side of reefing so I'd like criticism) Thanks to Schell's Reef for letting me photograph the puffer XD

Excellent work! I like the artistic feel to the puffer image, although the top ~15% of the image could be cropped because it is a bit distracting. Overall, this is a really strong image!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 54.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
Back