Just went FOWLR, check it out.

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was having some issues with my system, so broke it down, detached my frag tank, removed all the corals, got a new skimmer, and rearranged the rockwork. Enjoying the FOWLR more than I thought. Here's a couple of pics.

Fowlr82010.jpg

CBB82010.jpg

scrapz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, its starting. 1 coral nipper at a time

OP
OP
droblack

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. It is a Oceanic 76 gallon half circle. No coral nipping out of that CBB, been put to the test with all kinds of tempting stuff. Loves aiptasia! As for other fish, lost a few recently and never even found their remains. 2 anthias (sunburst and borbonius), rabbitfish, and a couple of wrasses just disappeared. Have to wonder what disposed of them. Still have the CBB, vanuata wrasse, solorensis, 6 line, and 3 pajama cardinals. Will add more fish soon, but want to do a few more changes first, such as adding sand and rearranging the rockwork one last time.

The back glass was covered with coralline, loving the clean look now. Never again will I crowd a tank with too much lr, thus making parts of the glass difficult to clean.

OP
OP
droblack

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you hitting on me? :wink:

Since I'm going to add sand and shall stray from the barebottom club, there are a few more fish I can have now. How do you think a red coris and leopard wrasse will do with a 6 line? LOL!

JOSE CASAS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not good, the 6 line tends to be aggressive after a while but also size would be a factor.

OP
OP
droblack

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My six-line makes up for in attitude what it lacks in size. That fish is muy loco! I know how to trap em though, so will trade out when ready. Probably will get a melanurus to take the six-line's place.

JOSE CASAS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea take it out when it is time. The sooner its out the better. When are putting sand in the tank?

OP
OP
droblack

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to take everything out and scrape the bottom this weekend. Then add the rock back. Have a friend bringing water on Sun, and going to replace most of the water then slowly acclimate fish back to system. Also, adding biopellet reactor, want to make this a super low maintenance system.

OP
OP
droblack

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rob still has coral Kev, lol. Couple of friends are holding all my stuff while I figure out what to do with it. Going to keep a lot of it and move back to the tank asap. FOWLR is a temporary thing now, you know me. Was going to shut everything down, then decided to go FOWLR, then worked on simplifying the system, and now am working on deciding who makes the vip list and what corals will return to the improved ecosystem.

smoothie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the easy flow of the curved glass you are a better than than me for keeping coral out of it

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back