OP
Justfebreezeit

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about buying one for a shroom only Tank.

Good choice IMO. I've seen a lot of people use these as frag tanks and stuff like that. You could keep it super simple if its just a shroom tank to which would be a plus.

OP
OP
Justfebreezeit

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok scrapped the reactor it was making my water to warm, worried about it in the summer.
I picked up a Santa Monica Algae Scrubber and its been in for about a week, will update in a few months once it breaks in and starts growing.

I also built this canopy so I could hybrid in some T5'.s Turned out really well but the crappy Tv mount I bought cant support the akward shape. Keeps tilting forward even when its tight. I bought another "heavy duty" one off amazon I will use when it arrives. Oh the hole in the middle is for an exhaust fan thats coming in next week.

20180316_104234.jpg

Other than that tank is looking good. Everything is growing and the water is stable.

OP
OP
Justfebreezeit

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick FTS and update. Removed the pink and golds they were already starting to take over haha. Moved some stuff around and built a cubby hole for a RBTA I got two weeks ago. It literally has not moved since day 1 and i'm pumped about that. Hoping the clowns get in it eventually, they do nip it and test it, so i'm hoping that's a good sign.

20180412_195635.jpg

Tofik

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick FTS and update. Removed the pink and golds they were already starting to take over haha. Moved some stuff around and built a cubby hole for a RBTA I got two weeks ago. It literally has not moved since day 1 and i'm pumped about that. Hoping the clowns get in it eventually, they do nip it and test it, so i'm hoping that's a good sign.

20180412_195635.jpg

Looking good m8,

In the first post you mentioned you're using RO buddie, is that the one thats a top search on amazon? How is it working for you? I saw mixed reviews on it and wanted to see whats your take on it. Im hoping to star a 20g tank sooner than later... but live in an apartment and a compact RODI would be a must.

OP
OP
Justfebreezeit

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good m8,

In the first post you mentioned you're using RO buddie, is that the one thats a top search on amazon? How is it working for you? I saw mixed reviews on it and wanted to see whats your take on it. Im hoping to star a 20g tank sooner than later... but live in an apartment and a compact RODI would be a must.

It only made about 100 gallons before my tds jumped up.

I switched to the BRS 4 stage and plan to upgrade that to 6 stage eventually. Water quality is just so important.

I probably wouldn't but it again honestly.

OP
OP
Justfebreezeit

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrates back and forth between 0 and 2, so i took the purigen out to see what happens. Phosphates .018-.03 depending on how much powder makes it into the checker haha

OP
OP
Justfebreezeit

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick FTS update since its been a few months. Added a couple things here and there. The zoa's are growing like nuts and so are my Acans. My acros are finally starting to encrust and that stag on the right is starting to show signs of recovery.
20180523_171850.jpg

OP
OP
Justfebreezeit

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Fts. Everything is going great. Battling 4/5 different types of algae right now that grew off the live rock. I was over feeding the corals to help keep nutrients up but it fed the algae also. Working on h202 spot treatment and manual removal.

My nitrates are barely detectable on the nyos kit. Way under 1 but a tint of color. My phosphates were at .027 and i dosed some nitrates and they dropped to .012 over night. Hanna ULR checked twice.

So i should see progress soon. Everything is growing well. Except maybe my ora frogskin but he's in the algae.

Oh and i just moved it 3 weeks ago to my new house and went barebottom

20180620_192951.jpg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Fts. Everything is going great. Battling 4/5 different types of algae right now that grew off the live rock. I was over feeding the corals to help keep nutrients up but it fed the algae also. Working on h202 spot treatment and manual removal.

My nitrates are barely detectable on the nyos kit. Way under 1 but a tint of color. My phosphates were at .027 and i dosed some nitrates and they dropped to .012 over night. Hanna ULR checked twice.

So i should see progress soon. Everything is growing well. Except maybe my ora frogskin but he's in the algae.

Oh and i just moved it 3 weeks ago to my new house and went barebottom

20180620_192951.jpg

Congratulations! The rescape looks great and I like the barebottom! Since you moved the anemone onto the larger coral/rock structure, I would keep a close eye on the surrounding corals for any damage.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you have that monti mounted on the back wall?? That looks really cool.

Back