Juvie emperor taste for blood

DinoMagnet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a beautiful juvie emp at my lfs today. Are they really notorious for softies and lps? Has anyone kept one “reef safe”? If fed properly will they still get the urge for coral? They say the same about coral beauties but mine has yet to molest any corals going on 6 months with no intent in eating any of my corals . Tia

Shufflepig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had an emperor in my reef for 2 years. He doesn’t touch sps or euphyllia. Also doesn’t touch my elegance or Duncan corals. He will definitely eat any zoas, acans, trachys, or blastos I put in the tank. I’ve just avoided the corals he’ll eat and things have worked out well. Great fish. Really neat watching him transition to adult.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DinoMagnet

DinoMagnet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had an emperor in my reef for 2 years. He doesn’t touch sps or euphyllia. Also doesn’t touch my elegance or Duncan corals. He will definitely eat any zoas, acans, trachys, or blastos I put in the tank. I’ve just avoided the corals he’ll eat and things have worked out well. Great fish. Really neat watching him transition to adult.
Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping if i got him as a 2” juvenile he can grow up without the taste for coral if constantly fed. Thank you

Upvote 0

Shufflepig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping if i got him as a 2” juvenile he can grow up without the taste for coral if constantly fed. Thank you
I think every emperor is different. Keeping him well fed definitely helps. I’ve had people tell me their emperor doesn’t touch the corals mine devours. Just be prepared to make adjustments to your coral stocking based on how your fish behaves.

Upvote 0
Back