kalendo - SPS dominant IM Fusion 20

kalendo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I am starting a new 20G tank using the IM Fusion 20 AIO tanks. Below are the equipment that I have purchased already and plan to purchase (if necessary).

Current Equipment
Tank: IM Fusion 20
Lights: 2 Hydra 26 with AI Classic Rail Mount
Flow: Jebao PP-4
Skimmer: Blue Ocean PP 75 Protein Skimmer HOB (Plant to replace stock pump and add a DIY bubble catcher)
Heater: Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm Aquarium Heater 75W
ATO: Hydor Smart Level Controller Automatic Top Off
Marcrocks 20LB Nano Package

Future Equipment:
Skimmer - Better one if modifying doesn't work on the Blue Ocean
Flow - Another Jebao PP-4 if one doesn't cut it
Return Nozzle - New Slips if I need more flow
Return Pump - Replace stock pump with a better one

This tank is going to be SPS dominant with a possability of adding an elegance coral, goniopora or alveopora, clam (not sure bu looking at Deresea or Maxima) and a BTA. I also plan to get a pair long fish clownfishes and a orange spotted goby or yellow one with a pistol shrimp.

I will be picking my tank this Friday at one of the LFS I plan to frequent when purchasing my SPS locally.

I'll post pictures this weekend if I do not go to SeaWorld.

OP
OP
K

kalendo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some good news and some bad news. To my surprise yesterday I did not only get my heater but my powerhead which is the good news. Always great expecting items sooner than expected. But the bad news is I might have to purchase the tank a little bit later than expected. Looking sometime after the 14. But we shall see. Today I should be getting my ATO and mounting.

OP
OP
K

kalendo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aWyLpxY.jpg

OP
OP
K

kalendo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water tested the tank and its good to go. Fixed the mounting sorry no pics. Now how to remove the water in the tank LOL forgot to buy tubing for WC *slaps forehead*

OP
OP
K

kalendo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like my skimmer and Aqua Lifter holder has been delivered. Tomorrow will be my last item and I will be able to fill the tank this weekend, maybe...

Still debating if I want to make my own salt or by pre-made salt from LFS. I don't have a RODI and dont plant to get one at the moment. Maybe 3 months down the road.

OP
OP
K

kalendo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So bought a RIO pump to use for my skimmer.

Got my marcorocks nano package in, here is a partial rockwork done.

27swmOb.jpg

I might not use all my 20lbs it seem. And I want it to be a bit higher which might not be possible.

OP
OP
K

kalendo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also will finish the rockwork by Friday, needed to get more putty. I will probably add another 3 rocks underneath what I have right now so I can get some height. On the right side I want a hill of some sort if I can get it to fit but 20lbs of rock is too much for a Fusion 20 LOL

OP
OP
K

kalendo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I did take a pic with the sand in but did not like it due to how messy it looked along with the blue lights, i'll do another one today after work. I am trying to get this thing wet Friday or Saturday, just need the boss to say yes lol

OP
OP
K

kalendo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added RODI + SW (Coralilife), found out LFS doesnt make SW, so have to do my own...at least RODI is $.30/Gallon...not bad for Cali I guess...

Will take pics when the dust is settled!

OP
OP
K

kalendo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dust has settled. Picture of my rockwork and tank filled with SW. Will grab a hydrometer today to test the salinity and will purchase a refractometer in the future.

38UWWe5.jpg

OP
OP
K

kalendo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will be doing at 50% WC today if I can get the water. My area has a place that provides free filter NSW, all that is required is buckets to fill them up. (Forgot to post this from the 14th)

Did the WC on the 14 as stated and added two filterpads (w/ carbon) to clear up water clarity. Also added ammonia from Ace to my tank to cycle. Awaiting for the tank to start showing the uglies before I go on. So during this time, I will be doing weekly water changes, water top offs (I have an ATO of course) and add ammonia to the tank for another two days.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

kalendo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been 8 days since I added NSW to my tank and this is the longest I have been waiting to put inverts in LOL normally I would use some magic liquid that I think will let me put livestock faster but I am taking it a bit slower this time around and its killing me LOL.

Right now I dosed for a week with ammonia in my tank to cycle it faster since I did add marcorocks, Fritzyme #9 that was provided. I have been doing nearlyu 50% WC the last two weeks as part of my weekly routine. I am awaiting for some algae to show up so I can add CC in the tank!

No picture update since there is none. Will update when algae shows up though :D

OP
OP
K

kalendo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back