Kalkwasser setup help

Gulrez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i have a Kamoer x1 pump, two fishes kalk stirrer and need to know how best to set this up. I have a 5 gallon freshwater reservoir in the 525xl (space constrained), through which i plan to pump to the kalk, and the output of the kalk to a reservoir, and from the reservoir the x1 pump will output in the sump? Am I complicating this? any easier way of doing it? the other idea i had was from the kalk output directly to the x1 pump but the pipes are different sizes i.e. the kalk has 1/2 ID pipe size, whereas the x1 pump has way smaller ID pipe.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i have a Kamoer x1 pump, two fishes kalk stirrer and need to know how best to set this up. I have a 5 gallon freshwater reservoir in the 525xl (space constrained), through which i plan to pump to the kalk, and the output of the kalk to a reservoir, and from the reservoir the x1 pump will output in the sump? Am I complicating this? any easier way of doing it? the other idea i had was from the kalk output directly to the x1 pump but the pipes are different sizes i.e. the kalk has 1/2 ID pipe size, whereas the x1 pump has way smaller ID pipe.
RODI reservoir ==> pump==> kalk stirrer ==> sump

OP
OP
G

Gulrez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. So is there a reducer fitting I need to buy to connect the pipe from the x1 pump to kalk stirrer because the input for the kalk stirrer accepts a 1/4 ID pipe.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back