Kamoer F4 Pro Doser WI-FI SETUP issue.

Robert123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my doser and it has been nothing but a headache. I shouldnt have to spend 6 hours trying to figure out how to make this connect to WIFI

I have followed all the instructions, watched the video tutorials read the forums and tried trouble shooting it in every way possible. I have seen people mention this is a known issue.

I am connecting through a 2.4 GHz wifi. All my other products work just fine. I have never had an issue like this with any wifi product.

Every time it just gets to 60% and then fails to connect.

At this point I have to believe it's most likely a bad wifi radio in the unit.

I have opened up a ticket with Coralvue. I have never dealt with them so I hope their support is good and they get back to me in a timely manner and take care of this otherwise I guess its in the trash.

Im not looking for anything except a $379 doser to connect.

I will update this post for those of you with the same issues

Travv26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure if it’s the same as the x1 pro 2, but I had a hard time as well. The instructions dont work and I tried a few time before I reached to them, they replied saying soon as you plug the doser in hold the reset and wait for the two red flashes. Took me a few tries and to make it easier I turned off the 5G wifi. It is a pain though, thought it would be more simple

Attachments

• X1PRO.mov
    11.9 MB
OP
OP
R

Robert123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update to my post:

Nick at Coralvue called me and I must give credit to him and their support for getting to me so quickly.

Bottom line is you need a dedicated 2.4 GHz connection. My home connection even though it said 2.4 could very well have been trying to connect at 5GHz.

I took it to my office where there is a dedicated 2.4 and it connected first time. Good to know its not a defective unit.
Now to put in a dedicated router

OP
OP
R

Robert123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure if it’s the same as the x1 pro 2, but I had a hard time as well. The instructions dont work and I tried a few time before I reached to them, they replied saying soon as you plug the doser in hold the reset and wait for the two red flashes. Took me a few tries and to make it easier I turned off the 5G wifi. It is a pain though, thought it would be more simple
I also thought it would be easier. I am just going to put in a dedicated 2.4 wifi router so there is no overlap.
You cannot have 5 GHz overlap or it wont work.

StlSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also thought it would be easier. I am just going to put in a dedicated 2.4 wifi router so there is no overlap.
You cannot have 5 GHz overlap or it wont work.
Once I gave my 2.4Ghz network a different name than my 5Ghz network my Kamoer X1 Pro2 connected right up and I can still see it with my phone that's connected to the 5ghz side of the router along with everything else in my house. That way you don't have to connect to a different network every time you wanted to control the thing.

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Once I gave my 2.4Ghz network a different name than my 5Ghz network my Kamoer X1 Pro2 connected right up and I can still see it with my phone that's connected to the 5ghz side of the router along with everything else in my house. That way you don't have to connect to a different network every time you wanted to control the thing.

wow, this sucks. I purchased an f4 pro about 6 months ago and just now having the 60% drop problem!

I have Google nest, how can I setup a 2.4ghz on a guest network?

StlSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The waves of the 2.4 GHz band can travel a greater distance than those of the 5 GHz band. If your phone does not have the ability to switch Wi-Fi bands, try to move farther away from your router and points until your phone moves to the 2.4 GHz band. Then proceed with setting up your smart home devices.

I used an app called wifi analyzer on Android to force my phone onto the 2.4 network. I was about to connect devices using the smart app.

Apparently the guest network will only run on 2.4GHz. I don't have Google WiFi/Nest so I've never tried either of these methods.

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure what the deal with the 2.4 vs 5G for some devices but in my experience most WiFi devices work only on 2.4, like some thermostats, “smart” water heaters.
it seems to be the only ones that do well on 5G are computer phones and gaming consoles.

OP
OP
R

Robert123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, this sucks. I purchased an f4 pro about 6 months ago and just now having the 60% drop problem!

I have Google nest, how can I setup a 2.4ghz on a guest network?
Just buy yourself a cheap 30 dollar 2.4 gig wifi router on Amazon connect it to the spare port on your modem and that's the one you use for your doser. Solved all problems. Works perfectly.

mav3rick478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure what the deal with the 2.4 vs 5G for some devices but in my experience most WiFi devices work only on 2.4, like some thermostats, “smart” water heaters.
it seems to be the only ones that do well on 5G are computer phones and gaming consoles.
2.4 travels farther and better through walls, downside is it's slower and less channels available.

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just buy yourself a cheap 30 dollar 2.4 gig wifi router on Amazon connect it to the spare port on your modem and that's the one you use for your doser. Solved all problems. Works perfectly.

I’m not that tech savvy when it comes to the internet... will this do? I’m assuming I can plug this into my Google Nest mesh network.

Limited-time deal: TP-Link N300 WiFi Extender(TL-WA855RE)-WiFi Range Extender, up to 300Mbps speed, Wireless Signal Booster and Access Point, Single Band 2.4Ghz Only

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Apparently the guest network will only run on 2.4GHz. I don't have Google WiFi/Nest so I've never tried either of these methods.

I tried to walk outside and down the block till my IPhone dropped the WiFi. I then walked back till my device picked up my WiFi (3 houses down) and started to install the kamoer setup... failed at 60%. I thought maybe the dozer was to far away so I plugged my 75’ extension cord in my exterior outlet and went as far away from my house and setup the app. Nope, still failed at 60%.
This is pretty frustrating and I’m starting to regret not buying a 2nd ghl.

mav3rick478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to walk outside and down the block till my IPhone dropped the WiFi. I then walked back till my device picked up my WiFi (3 houses down) and started to install the kamoer setup... failed at 60%. I thought maybe the dozer was to far away so I plugged my 75’ extension cord in my exterior outlet and went as far away from my house and setup the app. Nope, still failed at 60%.
This is pretty frustrating and I’m starting to regret not buying a 2nd ghl.
Have you tried setting up your guest network on your nest wifi, it's really easy? Just go through the home app, enable guest network, give it a different name than your home network and you can even assign devices to it.

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have you tried setting up your guest network on your nest wifi, it's really easy? Just go through the home app, enable guest network, give it a different name than your home network and you can even assign devices to it.
I do have a guest network but it doesn’t go past 60%

mav3rick478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have a guest network but it doesn’t go past 60%
Is your phone forced to 2.4 during the install? Make your phone forget your home network and only know your guest network. I wonder at the 60 percent it is trying to communicate with it and if it's connected to both networks the doser errors out during the switchback.

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is your phone forced to 2.4 during the install? Make your phone forget your home network and only know your guest network. I wonder at the 60 percent it is trying to communicate with it and if it's connected to both networks the doser errors out during the switchback.
Interesting suggestion, I’ll try that when I get home this evening.

markster27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my second F4 and over two days and not getting past the 60%. Also, the unit does not even have a fast flashing red light. My first one has been working with no problem. I have a fiber optic router with both channels and forgot the 5G and still not luck. Too bad I can't use the first one to connect the second one.

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is my second F4 and over two days and not getting past the 60%. Also, the unit does not even have a fast flashing red light. My first one has been working with no problem. I have a fiber optic router with both channels and forgot the 5G and still not luck. Too bad I can't use the first one to connect the second one.
I had to use an Android device to get it working.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back