Kamoer F4 Pro Doser WiFi not connecting

Robert123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried everything to setup my new F4 Pro Doser and after trying almost everything I am no closer to getting it WORKING.

It just times out at 60%.

I have watched all the tutorials, read the forums, tried multiple devices and yes i'm always on a 2.4 GHz network.

This is the first time I have had an issue with a wifi piece of equipment

To me it looks like a wifi radio issue but maybe i'm just missing something.

Rather than return it to the distributor I have opened a ticket with Coralvue as if I return it it will most likely get re-packaged and get sent to someone else which is really not fair to anyone.
( Maybe I received a returned device.LOL )

I have opened up a ticket with Coralvue and also emailed them the issue on the sponsored threads on this forum.

As I bought this only a week ago im hoping that Coralvue will contact me and take care of this issue under warranty.

I will keep this post updated as I hear more as my experience can possibly help others in the future both with the product and the support I get.

Any additional input would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
R

Robert123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update to my post:

Nick at Coralvue called me and I must give credit to him and their support for getting to me so quickly.

Bottom line is you need a dedicated 2.4 GHz connection. My home connection even though it said 2.4 could very well have been trying to connect at 5GHz.

I took it to my office where there is a dedicated 2.4 and it connected first time. Good to know its not a defective unit.
Now to put in a dedicated router

gonz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Robert, you can check if your router has a guest wlan option or if you can specify different SSIDs when creating 2.4 vs 5 Ghz wlan. The issue comes from having both 2.4ghz and 5ghz running on the same SSID.
Quite a bummer to have those issues nowadays :)

OP
OP
R

Robert123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Robert, you can check if your router has a guest wlan option or if you can specify different SSIDs when creating 2.4 vs 5 Ghz wlan. The issue comes from having both 2.4ghz and 5ghz running on the same SSID.
Quite a bummer to have those issues nowadays :)
Hi, I have a Google Mesh which I believe allows me to set up a guest. I will try that. Im hoping to get it linked before the weekend when I am going to install a dedicated 2.4 GHz wifi router.

hobie61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Searching for a doser pump for my nano, so reading along. The connectivity issue seems to be a Coralvue thing as have the Icecap Gyre 2k pump (Coralvue) and only can connect by bluetooth even though my modem has the 2.4 available. Sometimes it connects by bluetooth, sometimes it does not. Quite annoying. Very hesitant about purchasing the Kamor for this reason.

StlSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's another thread on connecting a Kamoer, seems like they won't connect to Google networks since you aren't allowed to separate out the 2.4 and 5ghz networks. I'm not an expert Coaralvue may have found a work around.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back