Kamoer KH Carer is a New Automatic Alkalinity Tester

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The KH Carer is a brand new automatic water testing machine for measuring alkalinity from the team over at Kamoer. There are a lot of alkalinity testers in the aquarium hobby these days but Kamoer isn’t just another new entry into this product space since they are the only company that is specialized at making a…
Source

Continue reading...

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there alkalinity tester is built like there dosing pump. It will last a life time and imagine it will be very precise.

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have them available and I just got mine set up a few days ago.

I wanted an alk tester that could be used stand-alone and that I could service myself. Since Kamoer makes the internals of some of the other testers I figured their own tester would be a better bet. So far so good. I am not dosing with it yet just testing, but after calibration, it is measuring inline with my Hanna Checker. The pH measurements are measuring below my Apex even with both pH probes calibrated to the same solution. I think this is from the sulfuric acid reagent in the testing vessel depressing the pH around the probe. I would not use it for pH monitoring. The app took a bit to work through but now that I understand it a bit better I see it has a lot of adjustments and control options.

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have them available and I just got mine set up a few days ago.

I wanted an alk tester that could be used stand-alone and that I could service myself. Since Kamoer makes the internals of some of the other testers I figured their own tester would be a better bet. So far so good. I am not dosing with it yet just testing, but after calibration, it is measuring inline with my Hanna Checker. The pH measurements are measuring below my Apex even with both pH probes calibrated to the same solution. I think this is from the sulfuric acid reagent in the testing vessel depressing the pH around the probe. I would not use it for pH monitoring. The app took a bit to work through but now that I understand it a bit better I see it has a lot of adjustments and control options.
Yeah the pH measurement really isn't as accurate as if the probe was in the tank and away from the reagent. But try increasing the number of rinses the unit does before a test, that brought my pH measurement up and closer to my tank's pH probe.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course I went with the alkatronic about 2 weeks ago, I was watching this product since it was revealed at macna, but I was impatient:) and I'm not in the field of new releases and up on the hottest thing.

I'm hoping this kh tester does good, I need a tester for another system it might be worth looking into getting the The KH Carer, hopefully it continues to get good reviews!

Does the app have a graph? Can you scroll around and click on the graph? I'm not able to do that with the alkatronic. :(

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course I went with the alkatronic about 2 weeks ago, I was watching this product since it was revealed at macna, but I was impatient:) and I'm not in the field of new releases and up on the hottest thing.

I'm hoping this kh tester does good, I need a tester for another system it might be worth looking into getting the The KH Carer, hopefully it continues to get good reviews!

Does the app have a graph? Can you scroll around and click on the graph? I'm not able to do that with the alkatronic. :(
The app has a week and month view of data that you can click on and read any points. You can not zoom in and out tho. Hydros also graphs the data as its reported. Future updates might provide more functionality.

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the pH measurement really isn't as accurate as if the probe was in the tank and away from the reagent. But try increasing the number of rinses the unit does before a test, that brought my pH measurement up and closer to my tank's pH probe.
Where do you change the number of rinses?

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be interested in the shelf. Right now I need to lift my skimmer cup over the unit to get it out so I need to find a better solution.
Buhbo Floating Shelf Wall Mounted (8 inch x 12 inch) Heavy Duty Industrial Modern Steel, Black https://a.co/d/0NQf4KW

One I used for reef related projects, it holds up good.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back