OP
R

renzema

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine wasn’t clear either and the Amazon stuff has worked great.

that would work too.

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure I would love this pump but dang hard to connect it to my network. Even on my 2.4ghz network it won't connect because of my long password so I gave up :-(

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am sure I would love this pump but dang hard to connect it to my network. Even on my 2.4ghz network it won't connect because of my long password so I gave up :-(
I have my router split I thought I would have problems but I don’t is actually pretty easy to connect at least for me

OP
OP
R

renzema

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was concerned about it to but it has been rock solid on connection. I do have multiple bridged routers around my house to keep the signal strong.

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For future reference, tube length from brand new unit is 770 mm.

thank you for sharing.

I can’t figure out when I should be changing. The manual says one thing, but I’ve seen folks here say they run it a year without issues.

I’m on my 2nd replacement with 3 months running it fairly slow and still solid output. What are some of the indicators of a failing tube?

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For future reference, tube length from brand new unit is 770 mm.

sorry just reread the measurement. Do you mean to say 77.0 mm? That would seem more reasonable when I ball parked my earlier measurement of 8 cm (80mm). Did you measure a replace tube designed for this model?

OP
OP
R

renzema

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well just an update, my Kamoer x1 pro T is dead after only 2 months. It seems to have a main design flaw as far as I can tell.

If you line springs a leak it feeds water inside the housing. Everything was good yesterday and this afternoon I glanced and noticed it had water dripping out of it.

One end of the internal tube had a 1mm split in it, only 300 hours on it, and it dripped on the internal roller. The shaft that is turning the internal roller doesn't have a seal and water has only one place to go since the exterior seal is tight. It feeds it directly back into the unit and onto the circuit board.

I opened it up and about 1 teaspoon of water was on the bottom of the unit and the board is sitting in it. Needless to say the thing is toast after drying it out.

LittleMaui

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried the tubing referenced below and it cracked after 2 days. I used pletty of grease. The replacement tubing doesn't feel as sturdy as the original and is more opaque. Any suggestions for tubing?

INTLLAB 3mm ID x 5mm OD Peristaltic Pump Flexible Hose Silicone Tubing Food Grade Tube 3 Meter

xtian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried the tubing referenced below and it cracked after 2 days. I used pletty of grease. The replacement tubing doesn't feel as sturdy as the original and is more opaque. Any suggestions for tubing?

INTLLAB 3mm ID x 5mm OD Peristaltic Pump Flexible Hose Silicone Tubing Food Grade Tube 3 Meter

Not sure about aftermarket but Coralvue has tubing and replacement heads(I was told by a Coralvue rep that these work with the pro t):

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about aftermarket but Coralvue has tubing and replacement heads(I was told by a Coralvue rep that these work with the pro t):

Agree on using manufacture recommended if OEM is not available. We use so little of these tubes that it doesn't make sense to try and save $$$ at the risk of something going wrong or less life out of the replacement.

I'm approaching 6 months (~4400 hours) on my last tube replacement without any issues on my pump and Alk levels are rock solid so far so good. I tuned my ml/min down and increase effluent strength to reduce the wear and tear on the pump and reduce how often I need to replace tubes. This had another benefit as it raised my tank pH a bit because I was injecting less low pH effluent.

I may set an internal 9 month tube replacement as a standard instead of waiting for failure.

LittleMaui

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree on using manufacture recommended if OEM is not available. We use so little of these tubes that it doesn't make sense to try and save $$$ at the risk of something going wrong or less life out of the replacement.

I'm approaching 6 months (~4400 hours) on my last tube replacement without any issues on my pump and Alk levels are rock solid so far so good. I tuned my ml/min down and increase effluent strength to reduce the wear and tear on the pump and reduce how often I need to replace tubes. This had another benefit as it raised my tank pH a bit because I was injecting less low pH effluent.

I may set an internal 9 month tube replacement as a standard instead of waiting for failure.
@Saltyanimals What tubing are you using?

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Saltyanimals What tubing are you using?
Just looked up my order from Aliexpress. Using Pharmed BPT as recommended by several folks on this forum. Shows 1k hour tube life, but I'm 4x that already. I think this figure largely depends on how hard you drive the pump. I'm only doing 22 ml/min at 70 rpm for reference.

--cut--

Description:

Pharmed® BPT Tube
Suitable for various Kamoer pumps
Grade No.: Saint-Gobain Pharmed BPT tubing
Color: Yellow
Temperature: -60℃ to 135℃
Hardness: 64A
Breathability: 80
Anti-UV: A
Anti-ozone: B
Acid and alkali: General
Pump life-time: 1000 hours
Certification: USP Class VI、FDA、NSF、ISO 10993
Application: Non-toxic, non-hemolytic, UV and visible light impermeability, protect the photosensitive fluid;

LittleMaui

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Turns out this isn't the correct dosing pump head tubing, but instead tubing to run to the tank or container. Instead, Coralvue says to order this tubing:

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
****… I ordered 2 when he recommended that. Paid more in shipping than in the tubing itself. $4 for 5.5 inches of tubing is expensinve we need options!!!

xtian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize @frcarvajal. I was just passing on what coralvue linked me when I asked if they had the 2000 hour life tubing(stock tubing in manual states 2k hours) vs the 600 hour replacement they sell.

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That 600hr doesn’t make sense when you think of these as continuous duty pumps. That’s 25 days so you would have to replace the internal tubes less than monthly. Doesn’t compute. The manual and app does say 2k hour and the recommmend pharmed themselves say 1k hrs as I posted above. Coralvue recommended aside I’m sticking with pharmed as it’s been working for me at 4K+ hrs.

I would say buy the tubes in short pieces if you’re in a crunch otherwise buy the 2-3 meter bulk and last years.

This thread just reminded me I should replace mine this week. Checking ….4503hrs !!! Per the app :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back