Kamoer x1 pro t replacement tubing

renzema

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a kamoer x1 pro t dosing pump for my calcium reactor and I love it. It is perfect for my space and speed I need to dose.

I like to keep multiple replacements of parts that wear out. I can not find replacement tubing or what the size tubing is in there.

Anyone have any info on it or know where to order.

pusanpa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It. is compatible with tubing with 3mm ID x 5mm OD.

Something like this.
Type this in Amazon :

Quickun Pure Thin Silicone Tubing, 3mm ID x 5mm OD High Temp Food Grade Tube Pure Silicone Hose Tube​

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awhile back I found a 3’ section of replacement on eBay.

OP
OP
R

renzema

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been trying to find what the tube type is and even contacted coralvue, but bought from premium aquatics.

It isn’t the same as the larger kamoer that most people use. Already checked against a friends old kamoer doser.

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's PharMed tube.

4mm OD 2mm ID

Last edited:

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its the same inner and outer diameter as the Bubble Magus I may have a source for you.Need to find the box. LOL
image.jpg

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know the length of the replacement tube? I just replaced mine for the first time and measured the original tube at 8cm. However this is a old tube that needed to be replaced so I presume it has stretched a bit with the 2500 hrs on it. I did replace with a 8cm length and seemed to fit fine, recalibrated and off I go. Just wanted to see if there is any documented length for next time.

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found the best selection at the alibaba site listed below... Ordered 10 days ago paid through PP. Still waiting for delivery, so we'll see.

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right that’s a larger bulk roll which you’ll have to cut down to size. Question is what’s the cut down to size length? :) I measure 8cm from my worn out one, but looking for any manufacturer stated replacement length.

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using a different Kamoer pump... but, I compared the used length versus the new length and the difference was about 1 cm.

Oh wow. That's huge which makes my question even more important. Imagine putting a new replacement tube that is 1cm longer than it needs to be.

I've recalibrated after the replacement and it seems to pump out accurately per my requested volume so it seems to "work", but not sure what that means over time. I suspect accuracy issues.

DiamondHands

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd think that ID, OD and durometer have more impact on the accuracy of your dosing pump tubing than length. The way a peristaltic pump works, the actuation is actually only over a short portion of the tubing, what comes out of the top and bottom is not a really big deal, and is easily trimmable for fit.

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd think that ID, OD and durometer have more impact on the accuracy of your dosing pump tubing than length. The way a peristaltic pump works, the actuation is actually only over a short portion of the tubing, what comes out of the top and bottom is not a really big deal, and is easily trimmable for fit.

That does seem to make sense however the doser end nozzles are designed in a certain way mounted the the doser itself. Hard to describe, but too long of a length would cause "bunching" of the tube inside the doser. Not just excess that can be trimmed.

I think the net net here is the calibrating feature is suppose to address these variables the more I think about it. Once calibrated 10ml request and 10ml delivered = the doser, tube and all components are good.

OP
OP
R

renzema

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After purchasing the wrong type twice below is what I am using now. I’m getting run times 750-1000 hours before I notice problems. It’s pretty simple swap just be sure to cute your new length a bit shorter than the old because they do degrade and stretch. Took a little trial and error to get it right.

The correct ID/OD is 3mm/5mm.

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After purchasing the wrong type twice below is what I am using now. I’m getting run times 750-1000 hours before I notice problems. It’s pretty simple swap just be sure to cute your new length a bit shorter than the old because they do degrade and stretch. Took a little trial and error to get it right.

The correct ID/OD is 3mm/5mm.

Would this one work? The tubing mine came with isn’t clear

Attachments

• B5335DCA-D562-4381-B7B3-9B93787FE9D1.png
    B5335DCA-D562-4381-B7B3-9B93787FE9D1.png
    506.2 KB · Views: 77

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back