Kamoer X1 PRO WiFi Dosing Pump vs RS reefdoser 2

jgsolo32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you say? Pros/Cons? Looking at Kamour X1 pro, rn.

i have a 20 cube tank and plan to dose all for reef and kalk. But?... thinking should I get the 4 head versions for expansion, later?

Let me know, reefers! Thanks!

Last edited:

DirkCourage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you say? Pros/Cons? Looking at Kamour X1 pro, rn.

i have a 20 cube tank and plan to dose all for reef and kalk. But?... thinking should I get the 4 head versions for expansion, later?

Let me know, reefers! Thanks!
I just got the X1 Pro about six weeks ago and highly recommend it. I did not have the connection issues some report (rebooted my router, that’s it.) I dose AFR only to maintain parameters, also a 20G cube. Setup and fine tuning to daily consumption was a breeze, I already barely think about it.

You ought to get everything you need by just dosing AFR, but you can also daisy-chain multiple pumps together.

Lucky Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Major connection issue with the kamoer. I Tried 3 different routers but could never complete setup. Returned the 6 of them I bought.

OP
OP
J

jgsolo32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the X1 Pro about six weeks ago and highly recommend it. I did not have the connection issues some report (rebooted my router, that’s it.) I dose AFR only to maintain parameters, also a 20G cube. Setup and fine tuning to daily consumption was a breeze, I already barely think about it.

You ought to get everything you need by just dosing AFR, but you can also daisy-chain multiple pumps together.
Glad to hear it's working out. The nice thing about the Kamoer X1 Pro 2 is that you can add later, if need be. Happy Reefing!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got 3 X1 Pro 2's running on 3 different tanks and have no complaints, other than the reported initial connection issues. As a semi-recent AFR convert, I'm glad I didn't invest in multi-headed pump, but I still have the option to expand if I want to dose other things or switch back to a 2 part.

jhuntstl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Connecting the X1 Pro 2 to your router can be a complete pain, but once connected you're good to go. It was a simple app permission that kept me from connecting for days. I almost returned. The app isn't the most polished, but it gets the job done. I would buy another if I needed one.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use an x1 wifi to dose kalk. I works, but I keep have to login in to the app whenever I open it. I forget my password all the time. It's really inconvenient.

I'd go with the red sea

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back