Kamoer X1 Review: A Nearly Flawless Programmable Dosing Pump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Kamoer X1 is a wirelessly controlled single channel dosing pump and the natural evolution of what these standalone dosers should be. With nary a button, screen or any kind of physical way to interface with the a Kamoer X1 pump, all interactions are performed through the Kamoer bluetooth app. The pump itself is hardly […]
Source

Continue reading...

Chad3407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 and they work great. Only issue I've had is they dont hold time unless you log into the app every few days. They will start to dose later and later each day till you log back in.

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one it works very well for the price you cant beat it. I prefer the bluetooth connection over wifi. It connects in a couple seconds and was very easy to setup.

Garia666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The unit sends its own Bluetooth signal out that you connect to. If the company went out of business it would have no effect on the unit.

Thats if you have the app, apps get obsolete. Or badly maintained. Could be that an update of your phone brakes your app and it’s out of support. If you have no manual operation and no WiFi , it’s bad for longevity.

Does it matter maybe not, you might get new hardware by the time such a scenario happens.

Thing is this is a device that has the potential to kill of your system in one go. Like all the other dosers. How long do you expect your doser to last?

Last edited:

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats if you have the app, apps get obsolete. Or badly maintained. Could be that an update of your phone brakes your app and it’s out of support. If you have no manual operation and no WiFi , it’s bad for longevity.

Does it matter maybe not, you might get new hardware by the time such a scenario happens.

Thing is this is a device that has the potential to kill of your system in one go. Like all the other dosers. How long do you expect your doser to last?
Of all the things to worry about I don't think this one makes the list imo.

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any issues on IOS13 recent upgrade keeps crashing the X1 Doser App now.

We would like to apologize for the issues you've been experiencing with your Kamoer pump.

Late last week, we heard a few reports from users that they were having difficulty with the Kamoer app on their late-model Apple/iOS phone. More reports trickled in over the weekend and into this week. We have shared every instance of this that we have heard about with Kamoer.

It is our understanding that they are now working on a fix that will either be resolved through an update to the app or by downloading a new version of the app. The timeline they have given us for this fix is the end of this week.

The most recent dosers from Kamoer like the X1 and F4 PRO are extremely popular and fortunately so far this situation seems to only be impacting a small set of users. But we feel awful that you aren't able to use the pump at the moment!

We are hoping that you'll bear with us until the app is repaired so that you can be another happy Kamoer user!

If you happen to have an Android device handy, you could set the doser up using another device in the meantime.

If you haven't already done so, please email us at [email protected]. That way, as soon as we hear that the app is repaired, we will reach back out with instructions on how to download and use it.

Last edited:

bayarea_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We would like to apologize for the issues you've been experiencing with your Kamoer pump.

Late last week, we heard a few reports from users that they were having difficulty with the Kamoer app on their late-model Apple/iOS phone. More reports trickled in over the weekend and into this week. We have shared every instance of this that we have heard about with Kamoer.

It is our understanding that they are now working on a fix now that will either be resolved through an update to the app or by downloading a new version of the app. The timeline they have given us for this fix is the end of this week.

The most recent dosers from Kamoer like the X1 and F4 PRO are extremely popular and fortunately so far this situation seems to only be impacting a small set of users. But we feel awful that you aren't able to use the pump at the moment!

We are hoping that you'll bear with us until the app is repaired so that you can be another happy Kamoer user!

If you happen to have an Android device handy, you could set the doser up using another device in the meantime.

If you haven't already done so, please email us at [email protected]. That way, as soon as we hear that the app is repaired, we will reach back out with instructions on how to download and use it.

Jeff - Thank you so much for letting me know, I figured it was the latest IOS, I have an Ipad on older IOS that works perfectly still so no worries, looking forward to the update.

-Peter

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff - Thank you so much for letting me know, I figured it was the latest IOS, I have an Ipad on older IOS that works perfectly still so no worries, looking forward to the update.

-Peter

Thank you for your understanding and for bringing this to our attention!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just purchased this pump. I hope I don't have issues setting it up.

I also hope that you don’t have any issues, but if you do now you know where to go for help! Very few vendors offer this level of customer support on forums and seek out issues to solve. Good luck!

jhatfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New x1 arrived today. App fails on both iPhone and iPad. Both are IOS 13.1. Sadly no android available for programming.

Looking forward to the app update

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased this pump. I hope I don't have issues setting it up.

New x1 arrived today. App fails on both iPhone and iPad. Both are IOS 13.1. Sadly no android available for programming.

Looking forward to the app update

We've tested the app on older iOS devices and it works. Looks like it's the most recent updates that are causing the issue. Kamoer is on the case so we hope to report that everything is resolved by the weekend. Feel free to ping us at [email protected] and we'll let you know when we hear the app is updated!

Back