Kamoer X1 Review: A Nearly Flawless Programmable Dosing Pump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jhatfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've tested the app on older iOS devices and it works. Looks like it's the most recent updates that are causing the issue. Kamoer is on the case so we hope to report that everything is resolved by the weekend. Feel free to ping us at [email protected] and we'll let you know when we hear the app is updated!
Updated all my apps last night and there was indeed an X1 update. Connected right away and works perfectly as far as I can tell. Both iPad and iPhone 7 launch the app without issue.

So far, I'm really liking the setup. One of the best user interfaces I've used in the hobby. I'll post another update in a couple weeks.

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated all my apps last night and there was indeed an X1 update. Connected right away and works perfectly as far as I can tell. Both iPad and iPhone 7 launch the app without issue.

So far, I'm really liking the setup. One of the best user interfaces I've used in the hobby. I'll post another update in a couple weeks.

Excellent!

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any issues on IOS13 recent upgrade keeps crashing the X1 Doser App now.

We just received word from Kamoer that their app has been updated and is now working with the latest version of the iOS operating system on Apple mobile devices.

If you've been encountering issues, you should be able to update your app now to get everything working. You don't need to install a new app, just update the existing one.

If you bump into any issues, please let us know!

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got one of these. If I power cycle it (simulating a power outage) it doesn’t return to its schedule?

I just tried this and it isn’t working after a reboot.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got one of these. If I power cycle it (simulating a power outage) it doesn’t return to its schedule?

I just tried this and it isn’t working after a reboot.

It doesn't have a battery backup like some other Kamoer models so you'll need to go back into the app and select each doser until it says connected.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what happens if we’re on vacation and have a power outage?

The doser does not continue the set program after a flash/outage until you open the app and reconnect. So to continue the schedule uninterrupted, you may consider plugging it into a UPS for battery backup.

smiley28

Hectorj
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually haven’t looked at this thread since someone said their Doser wasn’t working or whatever probably from the recent iOS updates.. regardless I kept think man I better not mess with my dosers as long as everything looks ok. Sure enough I made it through the updates and never touched the app.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the x1 pump supposed to request to open the app every so often? This occurs for me.

If you leave Bluetooth range, you'll get a notification that the app was disconnected. I'm not sure though about what you're referencing. You are certainly welcome to send screenshots of what you're experiencing and seeing to our support team at [email protected] so we can investigate!

Sharkman7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have been looking at this pump, I have IOS phone and iPad several years old tho, I also had read when you lose power the dozer loses its program and you need to rest it. Has anyone had this issue or has it been corrected, will not have a battery backup for it. Thanks for any imput

phatduckk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a nuvo tank I’m considering using this pump with. Can I place it in the cabinet and have it pump liquid up to the back of the AIO (assuming I don’t submerge there line)?

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have been looking at this pump, I have IOS phone and iPad several years old tho, I also had read when you lose power the dozer loses its program and you need to rest it. Has anyone had this issue or has it been corrected, will not have a battery backup for it. Thanks for any imput

When power is lost, the X1 loses its time and restarts at the beginning of the dosing cycle (so the programming is not actually lost). Once you reconnect to the app, the time will be updated. If you were planning to buy multiple X1 dosers, an alternative you might consider is the Kamoer F4 PRO. It has a battery backup and is WiFi controlled, so if the power goes out the clock can be updated automatically once service is restored.

I have a nuvo tank I’m considering using this pump with. Can I place it in the cabinet and have it pump liquid up to the back of the AIO (assuming I don’t submerge there line)?

I wouldn't recommend setting it up as you described. Dosing pumps like these are not intended to push. It is best to have the doser above the aquarium and draw from the solution in the cabinet. So while you might be able to get it to work if installed as you described, the calibration would set the pump to run so fast, it would likely diminish the life of the pump and consistency could become an issue.

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When power is lost, the X1 loses its time and restarts at the beginning of the dosing cycle (so the programming is not actually lost). Once you reconnect to the app, the time will be updated. If you were planning to buy multiple X1 dosers, an alternative you might consider is the Kamoer F4 PRO. It has a battery backup and is WiFi controlled, so if the power goes out the clock can be updated automatically once service is restored.

I wouldn't recommend setting it up as you described. Dosing pumps like these are not intended to push. It is best to have the doser above the aquarium and draw from the solution in the cabinet. So while you might be able to get it to work if installed as you described, but the calibration would set the pump to run so fast, it would likely diminish the life of the pump and consistency could become an issue.

Ahhhh...So the doser will continue dosing after a power outage/restoration , and before a reconnect via phone app, it just goes back to the beginning? That’s not bad at all. I don’t really care about the actual time, just the interval.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhhh...So the doser will continue dosing after a power outage/restoration , and before a reconnect via phone app, it just goes back to the beginning? That’s not bad at all. I don’t really care about the actual time, just the interval.

The way you've described this is correct. ;Happy

Sharkman7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks, I was concerned, because if it went out while on vacations I wouldn’t be able to connect to it to restart it. But it doesn’t sound like that would be a issue. Now just need to figure where to mount it as I too was going to use it for a nano AIO and have it under cabinet, didn’t think about the head pressure.

Back