Kamoer X1 Review: A Nearly Flawless Programmable Dosing Pump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We would like to apologize for the issues you've been experiencing with your Kamoer pump.

Late last week, we heard a few reports from users that they were having difficulty with the Kamoer app on their late-model Apple/iOS phone. More reports trickled in over the weekend and into this week. We have shared every instance of this that we have heard about with Kamoer.

It is our understanding that they are now working on a fix that will either be resolved through an update to the app or by downloading a new version of the app. The timeline they have given us for this fix is the end of this week.

The most recent dosers from Kamoer like the X1 and F4 PRO are extremely popular and fortunately so far this situation seems to only be impacting a small set of users. But we feel awful that you aren't able to use the pump at the moment!

We are hoping that you'll bear with us until the app is repaired so that you can be another happy Kamoer user!

If you happen to have an Android device handy, you could set the doser up using another device in the meantime.

If you haven't already done so, please email us at [email protected]. That way, as soon as we hear that the app is repaired, we will reach back out with instructions on how to download and use it.

Any known issues with Pixel 2 phones on Android 10 right now? 9/10 times I'm told my pump belongs to another user or that there's just a connection issue in general. I've gone through the whole unplug/replug, disconnect bluetooth/reconnect, restart phone, etc routine many many times now. I'll shoot an email over to the above address as well.

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any known issues with Pixel 2 phones on Android 10 right now? 9/10 times I'm told my pump belongs to another user or that there's just a connection issue in general. I've gone through the whole unplug/replug, disconnect bluetooth/reconnect, restart phone, etc routine many many times now. I'll shoot an email over to the above address as well.

I would definitely recommend emailing [email protected]. That's part of the reason we have customers go that route so that a trouble ticket can be issued and we're able to group similar reports of issues to spot trends. I haven't personally heard anything, but we have a staffer that is dedicated to the Kamoer brand that keeps his ear to the ground when it comes to things like this. I certainly apologize for the issues you are experiencing and hope that we can get them resolved quickly!

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely recommend emailing [email protected]. That's part of the reason we have customers go that route so that a trouble ticket can be issued and we're able to group similar reports of issues to spot trends. I haven't personally heard anything, but we have a staffer that is dedicated to the Kamoer brand that keeps his ear to the ground when it comes to things like this. I certainly apologize for the issues you are experiencing and hope that we can get them resolved quickly!
Just shot over an email with all the details. It resolved itself last time, but it started up again yesterday and is still doing it today. Thanks!

CrazyEyes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the max height these will pull solution? Im planning on using these on an AIO tank so I planned on putting the reservoir in the cabinet, then mounting the dosers above the tank, just wanted to make sure the pumps won't be too far from the reservoirs.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the max height these will pull solution? Im planning on using these on an AIO tank so I planned on putting the reservoir in the cabinet, then mounting the dosers above the tank, just wanted to make sure the pumps won't be too far from the reservoirs.

Thank you for your question! You're looking at about a 5-6 feet max.

CuzzA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The doser does not continue the set program after a flash/outage until you open the app and reconnect. So to continue the schedule uninterrupted, you may consider plugging it into a UPS for battery backup.
Wow. What a terrible oversight by Kamoer. It just stops dosing if it loses power for a second. I was just about to pull the trigger on one of these until I learned this. What a shame, I thought perhaps I found the perfect single head "smart" dosing pump. I think the title of this thread needs an update as it has one very major flaw.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. What a terrible oversight by Kamoer. It just stops dosing if it loses power for a second. I was just about to pull the trigger on one of these until I learned this. What a shame, I thought perhaps I found the perfect single head "smart" dosing pump. I think the title of this thread needs an update as it has one very major flaw.

There is a PRO version coming out. I don't have details about it, but I hear it's WiFi and, I can only presume, will have a battery/memory backup ... since that is really the only thing people gripe about. So the X1 is not going to go away or be discontinued ... it will continue to be available as a low-cost solution. But they'll be a new version that's a step up. As soon as we get pricing and details, I'll be sure to share them here.

CuzzA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a PRO version coming out. I don't have details about it, but I hear it's WiFi and, I can only presume, will have a battery/memory backup ... since that is really the only thing people gripe about. So the X1 is not going to go away or be discontinued ... it will continue to be available as a low-cost solution. But they'll be a new version that's a step up. As soon as we get pricing and details, I'll be sure to share them here.
Cool. Everything I've read is it's a decent pump, obviously not a stepper motor pump, but for the price point that is what's to be expected and the app/interface is excellent. Just the simple coin battery data memory oversight is the major downside. Any idea on ballpark release date of the "pro" model? I like the idea of wifi, especially if it can communicate with the user if there's something wrong or at least log some data the user can check to indicate it is operating correctly.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. Everything I've read is it's a decent pump, obviously not a stepper motor pump, but for the price point that is what's to be expected and the app/interface is excellent. Just the simple coin battery data memory oversight is the major downside. Any idea on ballpark release date of the "pro" model? I like the idea of wifi, especially if it can communicate with the user if there's something wrong or at least log some data the user can check to indicate it is operating correctly.

I just learned of their existence Friday so I don't know squat. LOL I've requested more info from my colleague who speaks regularly with Kamoer to see if he can spill the beans!

BeardedMcG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running one of these for about 6 months. For power loss is really NBD for well spaced out schedules since it resumes. I just make sure to not have a dose schedule for the first few hours in case of power flickering multiple times in the same few hours which is rare but happened once.

CuzzA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just learned of their existence Friday so I don't know squat. LOL I've requested more info from my colleague who speaks regularly with Kamoer to see if he can spill the beans!
Jeff, I have a question. I use a tablet as an Apex display on my tank. If the Kamoer pump is paired with this tablet's Bluetooth, and the power turns off, would the Kamoer continue to work when the power is back on and BT connection is automatically established without user intervention?

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff, I have a question. I use a tablet as an Apex display on my tank. If the Kamoer pump is paired with this tablet's Bluetooth, and the power turns off, would the Kamoer continue to work when the power is back on and BT connection is automatically established without user intervention?

oooh good idea, id imagine it would work like that but what do i know lol

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

After a power outage, the X1 will resume 00:00 of that day and start the dosing day over starting at 00:01. That is until you connect the app with the X1 which would reset the time and the dosing schedule would be back on schedule.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We haven't tested the PRO version yet, so I will guesstimate we're looking at a summer 2020 release.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two one to dose Alk and one for cal, daisy changed only uses 1 plug. I only keep 200 ml of each in my glass water bottles and every time I refill the bottles I recalibrate the dose and everything stays rock solid. First doser so nothing to compare but i have been extremely happy with these and can’t recommend enough.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know. Thanks for the update.

I was just about to grab a pair of these for dosing 2 part, but maybe I'll wait until the pros come out.

Spotted a post from @Jake Adams at Reef Builders today about the new PRO version. First time I've seen it in the wild:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 38 82.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back