Kamoer X1 Review: A Nearly Flawless Programmable Dosing Pump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CuzzA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spotted a post from @Jake Adams at Reef Builders today about the new PRO version. First time I've seen it in the wild:

Awesome. Thanks for following up, Jeff. I plan on giving one a try when they are released.

intricate_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the X1 doser and really like it. If I’m understanding this correctly, if the X1 doser loses power for any amount of time when it regains power it won’t dose for that day but will continue on schedule and working as normal the next day?

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the X1 doser and really like it. If I’m understanding this correctly, if the X1 doser loses power for any amount of time when it regains power it won’t dose for that day but will continue on schedule and working as normal the next day?

After a power outage, the X1 will resume 00:00 of that day and start the dosing day over starting at 00:01. That is until you connect the app with the X1 which would reset the time and the dosing schedule would be back on schedule.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a power outage, the X1 will resume 00:00 of that day and start the dosing day over starting at 00:01. That is until you connect the app with the X1 which would reset the time and the dosing schedule would be back on schedule.
Jeff,

Just so I understand this clearly, is only the time impacted with a power outage? Which would basically start the time of day over and the X1 will follow the pre-programmed dosing amounts. So say if my dosing is set to equal amounts broken up into 12 plans I should have nothing to worry about. Just was curious if the dosing amount somehow defaults or maybe the dosing would halt until the X1 connects with the app to sync back up?

Thank you

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a laptop that has bluetooth, where can I get this app for my windows laptop?

We haven't been recommended, nor tested or even heard about a Windows-based app for the Kamoer X1 doser. I found something searching on Google that looks like it could be, but I am not familiar with that website so I don't know if it's even legit. I sent a message to Kamoer to ask if a Windows version does exist. I know with the mobile versions of these apps, manufacturers will sometimes have to push an update or release a new version for them to continue to work. So I would be wary of using software that wasn't listed in an official app store since I don't know if it would continue to be supported. Hopefully Kamoer replies to my message or another R2R user can chime in if they have experience on this one.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff,

Just so I understand this clearly, is only the time impacted with a power outage? Which would basically start the time of day over and the X1 will follow the pre-programmed dosing amounts. So say if my dosing is set to equal amounts broken up into 12 plans I should have nothing to worry about. Just was curious if the dosing amount somehow defaults or maybe the dosing would halt until the X1 connects with the app to sync back up?

Thank you

Your programming will not be lost in a power outage. But your daily dosing regimen does start over once the power is back. Creating a schedule like you've described is a clever way to overcome this, assuming that the outage is a short one. Where I live, we don't have extreme weather. Power outages are either planned or short in duration, lasting only minutes or hours. Assuming your situation is similar, I think your strategy sounds pretty good.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your programming will not be lost in a power outage. But your daily dosing regimen does start over once the power is back. Creating a schedule like you've described is a clever way to overcome this, assuming that the outage is a short one. Where I live, we don't have extreme weather. Power outages are either planned or short in duration, lasting only minutes or hours. Assuming your situation is similar, I think your strategy sounds pretty good.
Thanks for confirming. Just picked up a couple more X1's. They're great dosing pumps.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for confirming. Just picked up a couple more X1's. They're great dosing pumps.

Yeah, I agree. When those pumps came out, it was the first time I thought, "Wow, I can actually afford this. Maybe I'll start automatically dosing my tank!" This was in my pre-CoralVue days. ;)

WilliG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We haven't been recommended, nor tested or even heard about a Windows-based app for the Kamoer X1 doser. I found something searching on Google that looks like it could be, but I am not familiar with that website so I don't know if it's even legit. I sent a message to Kamoer to ask if a Windows version does exist. I know with the mobile versions of these apps, manufacturers will sometimes have to push an update or release a new version for them to continue to work. So I would be wary of using software that wasn't listed in an official app store since I don't know if it would continue to be supported. Hopefully Kamoer replies to my message or another R2R user can chime in if they have experience on this one.
I have the emulator installed and the app installed on the emulator. Tomorrow the pump gets delivered. Thank you for your help, VERY much appreciated.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the emulator installed and the app installed on the emulator. Tomorrow the pump gets delivered. Thank you for your help, VERY much appreciated.

Please keep me posted as this helps us help other users! Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly tomorrow!

WilliG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please keep me posted as this helps us help other users! Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly tomorrow!
No dice, the emulator would not access the bluetooth avialibity through the computer thus would not connect to the doser, my pc did find the doser but would not connect. They should make a pc app for this pump, that would be cool, but if they do not oh well, things happen.

35ppt

Large Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No dice, the emulator would not access the bluetooth avialibity through the computer thus would not connect to the doser, my pc did find the doser but would not connect. They should make a pc app for this pump, that would be cool, but if they do not oh well, things happen.
What emulator did you try?

WilliG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should work if you go through the hassle of installing Android Studio, it's a development environment for android apps but it also has an emulator, that should be your best bet.
Access on a computer is not make or break for me on this pump. Especially knowing I have access on my phone, and can have access on my tablet.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have been using my oldest for 7 months and have two I added later. I got to say the pumps are pretty much flawless. No issues, I recalibrate about every week and that seems to be the key. It does change only slightly over a week but not enough to ever give concern. Going to retire two pumps and use one on All For Reef mostly to simplify things during my “going places” time of the year and as long as the cost stays under 30 bucks every other month (it should based on dosing amount) I will keep using. The last thing I worry about on my tank is my dosers even though they could cause the most issues by messing up. I strongly recommend the X1 and I have noticed a lot of people have them. Easily one of the best purchases I have made.

zoasaholic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MY x1 led is blinking after 20 hrs of reset. Once i reconnected,the led stop blinking ,but will do the same thing after 20hrs later.This unit ~5 months old.
Power down many times,but the same issue.

Skud1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had not even considered these an option for dosing until a couple of days ago when I came across an article. After researching and reading these posts will definitely be getting these in near future.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back