Kamoer X1 Review: A Nearly Flawless Programmable Dosing Pump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MY x1 led is blinking after 20 hrs of reset. Once i reconnected,the led stop blinking ,but will do the same thing after 20hrs later.This unit ~5 months old.
Power down many times,but the same issue.

I apologize for not replying sooner! Please email our tech support at [email protected]. All Kamoer tickets in our support portal are assigned to a single staff member, so if there's anyone on our team that can help, it's him! The pump is still under warranty, so you're welcome to attach your proof of purchase (invoice, receipt, etc.) to speed things along should a replacement be in order. I am sorry again for the trouble but I know for certain that we'll get you a working X1, one way or another!

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No dice, the emulator would not access the bluetooth avialibity through the computer thus would not connect to the doser, my pc did find the doser but would not connect. They should make a pc app for this pump, that would be cool, but if they do not oh well, things happen.
It should work if you go through the hassle of installing Android Studio, it's a development environment for android apps but it also has an emulator, that should be your best bet.

Thank you for following up! I shared this thread with Kamoer so they can see your desire for a Windows app and the possibility that there may be a workaround should they want to experiment with it.

App missing a very basic function. When you manually dose, it does not automatically decrease the “remaining volume”.

Thank you! I exchanged a chat on FB earlier with a Kamoer rep who gave me their email address. I asked them to look at this thread to learn more about X1 users. I also asked about the X1 Pro, so hopefully, they will enlighten me!

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have been using my oldest for 7 months and have two I added later. I got to say the pumps are pretty much flawless. No issues, I recalibrate about every week and that seems to be the key. It does change only slightly over a week but not enough to ever give concern. Going to retire two pumps and use one on All For Reef mostly to simplify things during my “going places” time of the year and as long as the cost stays under 30 bucks every other month (it should based on dosing amount) I will keep using. The last thing I worry about on my tank is my dosers even though they could cause the most issues by messing up. I strongly recommend the X1 and I have noticed a lot of people have them. Easily one of the best purchases I have made.
I had not even considered these an option for dosing until a couple of days ago when I came across an article. After researching and reading these posts will definitely be getting these in near future.

They've been sold out everywhere for a while but we just received inventory. Online and local fish stores should be receiving orders any day now. Let me know if you'd like help finding a retailer near you.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have confirmed the Kamoer X1 PRO 2 will save the settings if power is lost. There is an internal battery that will keep the clock running even if power is interrupted. So big improvements over its predecessor. It's WiFi now and multiple pumps can be controlled from the app, like the original Bluetooth X1. It will monitor the liquid remaining in your dosing container. Firmware upgrades will be done over the air, so you won't have to uninstall and reinstall a new version of the app anymore. Available in the US in summer 2020.

X1 PRO2 (1)_3.jpg

intricate_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a power outage, the X1 will resume 00:00 of that day and start the dosing day over starting at 00:01. That is until you connect the app with the X1 which would reset the time and the dosing schedule would be back on schedule.

Are you sure it works this way because I had my power go out momentary the other day and didn't think about it. When I tested the water today my alk was way down. If it works like you stated it shouldn't have been much off much as my dosing schedule is spread out throughout the day. Also my tank doesn't use that much alk so it would have taken over a day or two of not dosing anything to drop that much. Is this something that was fixed with firmware from the original? I don't think I ever updated anything or re downloaded the app.

Really interested in the version 2 model. Do you have an idea on price? If it's much more than the original ill probably just go with a Ecotech Versa

Krully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found the H2ocean P1 pump that seems to be a modified X1 with a battery, is that right? I'm not sure I can wait until summer for a the pro model

adrianr514

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have confirmed the Kamoer X1 PRO 2 will save the settings if power is lost. There is an internal battery that will keep the clock running even if power is interrupted. So big improvements over its predecessor. It's WiFi now and multiple pumps can be controlled from the app, like the original Bluetooth X1. It will monitor the liquid remaining in your dosing container. Firmware upgrades will be done over the air, so you won't have to uninstall and reinstall a new version of the app anymore. Available in the US in summer 2020.

X1 PRO2 (1)_3.jpg
Will this still use the awkwardly smaller dosing line?

That is still my biggest pet peeve of the X1.

is there a way to reliably run standard dosing line or better yet RO line on the current X1?

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure it works this way because I had my power go out momentary the other day and didn't think about it. When I tested the water today my alk was way down. If it works like you stated it shouldn't have been much off much as my dosing schedule is spread out throughout the day. Also my tank doesn't use that much alk so it would have taken over a day or two of not dosing anything to drop that much. Is this something that was fixed with firmware from the original? I don't think I ever updated anything or re downloaded the app.

Really interested in the version 2 model. Do you have an idea on price? If it's much more than the original ill probably just go with a Ecotech Versa

I am imagining myself standing in line. I'm outside the pearly gates waiting for my turn to get into heaven. "Next!" Saint Peter calls out. He eyes me skeptically and raises a brow. "Are you sure the Kamoer X1 behaves the way you said it does during a power outage?" I glance over his shoulder and peer through the gates. I see my Dad and Grandpa laughing on a tandem bike with my old dog, Freckles, riding in a basket. I turn back to Peter and say, "No, I'm not 100% sure."

If we're only talking about earthly stakes, then yeah, I'm pretty darn sure that's the way it works. The only other thing I've heard about the X1 is that the clock drifts. The X1 has been sold in the US for 4 years and the app has been updated many times. Developers at Kamoer kept a log on the Apple App Store, but it isn't particularly descriptive. Android users have used different apps for the X1 over the years and I don't see logs there at all. What happens with "smart" products like this is they'll load up the latest firmware before it ships to the distributor (us), and, if it sells quickly, users are generally receiving devices with pretty close to the latest software. And we sell out of the X1 within days or weeks of receipt every single time.

I don't know enough about your aquarium to speculate. There are quite a lot of variables to consider. You are welcome to email our support staff at [email protected] if you want them to run through the diagnostic process with you. There is a ton of information right here on R2R, though, so I would use the advanced search function here first to find topics about fast alk drops.

The price is not listed in my price sheet and it was updated within the last week. But I know we'll know soon because they'll be here soon. :) Just to give you a little more confidence in the brand, Kamoer makes fluid delivery systems for laboratories, hospitals, and many other industries. They have been building and perfecting dosing pumps in a variety of sizes and styles for 16 years. There aren't any other brands in our hobby that have those credentials.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will this still use the awkwardly smaller dosing line?

That is still my biggest pet peeve of the X1.

is there a way to reliably run standard dosing line or better yet RO line on the current X1?

It uses the same size tubing as the original from what I can tell. But we'll be able to verify that very shortly. I am wondering if the Versa connector could be used as a "reef hack" to make the X1 work as you mentioned. I'll see what suggestions support can offer us both and get back to you.

1592473676425.png

CrazyEyes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

X1 PRO2 (1)_3.jpg

I really hope there's a more known release date soon. Is there a way to preorder one?

Garia666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

X1 PRO2 (1)_3.jpg

It took a while but this product makes way more sense

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm so if power is lost in the original x1, I wonder how to strategically time doses such that it doesn't put double doses in the tank. Maybe make it does small amounts through the day instead of 1 or 2 large doses?

Yes, that seems to be the most popular workaround. ;Shamefullyembarrased

Jakepen

Few beers and I'll frag anything...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Kamoer x1 pros, I’ve successfully updated ones firmware, however the other one keeps failing. Any ideas?

Huenemedoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone else’s X1 not dose on schedule? I am doing just one dose a day at 6:45pm but some days it doesn’t dose until 7.

Back