Keep Top of Tank Clean

Poseidon03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, really dumb question here... I have always done open topped aquariums, but recently, I just bought an older acrylic aquarium with a top piece of acrylic on it. It has the cutouts and covers to get stuff in and out of the tank, but since most of the top is not removable, how do you guys keep that clean of salt creep and other junk? I am getting powerful lights, and want to make sure most of the light gets through. I prefer open top aquariums, but I could not pass on this deal! The fish tanks direct is about what it looks like on top, but it has acrylic covers for each of the holes.

Screenshot_20210704-110814_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20210704-110721_Gallery.jpg

mike89t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never used my acrylic covers on my old tank. Used egg crate like this to keep jumpers from jumping

OP
OP
Poseidon03

Poseidon03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never used my acrylic covers on my old tank. Used egg crate like this to keep jumpers from jumping

Yeah, I have been thinking about not using them, but the hard part is making everything look nice with that small of a canopy... Never thought I would have a complaint on a large tank, hahaha

Back