Keep Us Updated

Hermey

Official R2R Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
Did you ship out your Secret Santa Gift? Please PM either Santa or myself with a shipping confirmation to let us know that your pick is filled.
Also did your pick not create a wish list or fill out the questionaire?
There are two things you can do;
1.) Use Elfster to send them an anonymous message asking them what they'd like
2.) Pm me or santa with their user name and we can ask them on here

#SecretSanta2019

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Wait! Can we ship out now? I have mine all ready (was at the LFS today anyway), boxed up, and printed a shipping label.........THEN went back and read the sign up post that says to ship week of 12/14. DOH!! Guess I need a lesson in reading comprehension! Haha

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
I really need to know..... HOW DO YOU SHIP A FISH?!?!?

I have UPS and USPS right down the street..... no idea about fed-ex. I obviously want to ship super expedited....... I just need to know what I do.... package and take to them and have them mark as live animal etc?

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
@Jon Fishman - Make sure the person knows the fish is coming. Have Santa Verify with your SS person before you ship and make sure you consider wher eyou are shipping too. Winter has hit most of us up here in the North so no fish should be left outside.
I would suggest using Use shipnex or shipyouraquatics.com/

You can find all sorts of videos on Youtube about how different people ship fish like these links:
Shipping Fish - One
Shipping Fish - Two
Ship[ping Fish in Winter

Hope this helps!!

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
@Jon Fishman - Make sure the person knows the fish is coming. Have Santa Verify with your SS person before you ship and make sure you consider wher eyou are shipping too. Winter has hit most of us up here in the North so no fish should be left outside.
I would suggest using Use shipnex or shipyouraquatics.com/

You can find all sorts of videos on Youtube about how different people ship fish like these links:
Shipping Fish - One
Shipping Fish - Two
Ship[ping Fish in Winter

Hope this helps!!

Oh I fully plan on getting word out........ and as luck has it, in-person delivery isn’t out of the question........

Spaceshrimp

View Badges
Reaction score

I have UPS and USPS right down the street..... no idea about fed-ex. I obviously want to ship super expedited....... I just need to know what I do.... package and take to them and have them mark as live

I have UPS and USPS right down the street..... no idea about fed-ex. I obviously want to ship super expedited....... I just need to know what I do.... package and take to them and have them mark as live animal etc?
i would use a Styrofoam box and insulate it with something and i would add some heat packs

Spaceshrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
I would use a Styrofoam box and insulate it with something and i would put some heat packs in it

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score

Why not have the fish supplier/vendor you purchase it from ship directly to your gift persons door? Unless you already have the gift fish in your possession. In the case... If there’s a LFS near you that regularly ships out fish, they'd probably be willing to pack and ship it for you.

I saw the most in depth, helpful step by step “how to ship livestock” thread the other day... lemme find

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Gift bought and hope on the way here soon. I need to compile the other stuff.

Phildago

View Badges
Reaction score
Its safe to say I'm disappointed, the guy who I got never answered me on elfster and didn't provide a r2r username, so I had no way of knowong what he really wanted. I sent him some stuff from his wish list and that was fine, but it wasn't very fun. I really wanted to give him some frags, but there was no way to tell what would've been right to send.

Last edited:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back