Keeping coral-eating nudibranchs by feeding them frags

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as I read more threads and posts here, seems like quite a few people have so much success with certain corals *cough montis cough* that they just have to constantly frag and throw pieces away.

Question. Anyone want to keep dem colorful nudibranchs that eat corals, and thought about having so much coral that they can have a separate tank with the nudibranchs where they can feed those nudibranchs the corals? If so, did you ever end up trying it out, and if you did, how did it work out?

BeardedDragon21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done this with zoa eating nudibranch though it shortly after disappeared so maybe I didn't have the right zoas but I would live to try something similar as I love the look of nudibranchs and the adventure of trying to find them each day.... This guy lasted about a month

Attachments

• IMG_20200815_074013_577.jpg
    IMG_20200815_074013_577.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
Azedenkae

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done this with zoa eating nudibranch though it shortly after disappeared so maybe I didn't have the right zoas but I would live to try something similar as I love the look of nudibranchs and the adventure of trying to find them each day.... This guy lasted about a month
Wow, that's a nice looking nudi. I mean the picture is blurry when I try to open it up, but from the thumbnail it looks great.

Sad that it did not work out, but yeah if you do ever try it or something similar again let me know how it goes! I would love to be able to actually keep nudis. Gosh some of them are so god darn beautiful.

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as I read more threads and posts here, seems like quite a few people have so much success with certain corals *cough montis cough* that they just have to constantly frag and throw pieces away.

Question. Anyone want to keep dem colorful nudibranchs that eat corals, and thought about having so much coral that they can have a separate tank with the nudibranchs where they can feed those nudibranchs the corals? If so, did you ever end up trying it out, and if you did, how did it work out?
I would definitely do this if there were pretty looking monti eating nudis. The only nudis that I’ve ever gotten are the small white ones.

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s always like that. When we attempt to keep a “pest” they just don’t proliferate as well. I remember trying to grow aiptasia in a nano tank. They did not make it and withered.

OP
OP
Azedenkae

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s always like that. When we attempt to keep a “pest” they just don’t proliferate as well. I remember trying to grow aiptasia in a nano tank. They did not make it and withered.
Lolllll. That is absolutely true. I did the same thing! Was like, what the heck.

I just could not kill you in my main tank. Now you got a tank for your own and this is how you repay me? XD

Back