Keeping nutrients up while ridding gha

Woodneers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been dealing with this for a while now. been plucking feverishly and have knocked it back to almost gone. My question is how do I keep corals happy with nutrients they need but not feed the gha? Tests still show 0 nitrate and .7 phosphate. All at 8.1 calcium at 517 mag 1409. Been doing regular water changes with 0 tds water. Also been running the fuge light 24 hours a day. Feeding only PE mysis daily.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like your doing all the right things.. I would get your Po4 down to .01-.05 that will help tremendously with algae and if you up your nitrates to 5-10 your corals will be much happier.

OP
OP
Woodneers

Woodneers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You think I can up nitrate by feeding more? Maybe run a little gfo for the phosphates? I have a reactor I can run it in? Thanks for your feedback. Seems like I am finally get by this thing dialed in.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of the phosphate removing products should work just be careful you don’t bottom out your Po4, I typically use phosguard.. feeding more is certainly a good way to raise nutrients just make sure your not using a high phosphate food, something like LRS or frozen mysis shrimp are a good choice.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s your nh4?

Back