Kellie's IM Fusion Pro 2 - 40L AIO - My dream upgrade

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had no intention of upgrading anytime soon. But then I saw this...

3032270008.jpg

It's pretty much the exact 40B AIO I always dreamed about when I started this hobby nearly 20 years ago. I tried to resist, but the 25% off presale price made it impossible to say no.

• Approximately 40 Gallons
  • Length 35.4” Width: 19.7” Height: 13”

I just got word that it is shipping TODAY!

Equipment will be kept pretty simple, with most transferring over from my 25 Lagoon:

(2x) Kessil A360X
MightyJet 538 Return Pump
MP10 (new)
Cobalt Heater
(2x) Media Caddy
AutoAqua ATO Lite
IM 5 gallon ATO Reservoir

Last edited:

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am definitely going to follow along with this build. I have a 30L and a Nuvo 10 but if this was available when I bought the 30L 2 years ago, I would've gotten it in a heartbeat. I love the size of the 40L, and am a HUGE fan of the IM AiO tanks.

So much so that I am trading some coral for another 30L (the price is right ;) ) this weekend. The anemones in my 10g need an upgrade. :D

OP
OP
Kellie in CA

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am definitely going to follow along with this build. I have a 30L and a Nuvo 10 but if this was available when I bought the 30L 2 years ago, I would've gotten it in a heartbeat. I love the size of the 40L, and am a HUGE fan of the IM AiO tanks.

So much so that I am trading some coral for another 30L (the price is right ;) ) this weekend. The anemones in my 10g need an upgrade. :D

I love the IM AIO's too. I'm a renter, and keeping all the water in one box just seems like the safest option.

My current tank is very crowded at the moment, so it will be nice for everything to be able to stretch out.

OP
OP
Kellie in CA

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was so excited to get this thing going, but Covid hit our house again. Sigh!

Hoping to get the transfer done next weekend.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kellie in CA

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A bit of progress finally. We were able to carefully slide my current tank over and put the new stand in it's place. This should make the transfer pretty simple. The IM stand is a bit wobbly (I think it's a floor issue) so we are going to work on that tonight and hopefully get the aquarium placed on top. Water should be going in soon!

EDIT: Oh my gosh... spent over 3 hours last night trying to level this stand and can't do it. My husband wanted to kill me. I don't know what else to do. We tried shims, felt pads, moving the location slightly... whatever we could think of. What a pain!

stand.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kellie in CA

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The tank is now perfectly level, which I’m actually pretty shocked about.

Added 30 lbs of new sand and fresh salt water. I’m a bit surprised that it only took 28 gallons to fill.

I’ll probably let it stabilize for a bit, then transfer everything over tomorrow.

72140818-A084-4ED8-9BCC-EDA757D9FBBD.jpeg

56cbr600rr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is exactly the movie I'm thinking about as well. My tank is maxed, and love the foot print this tank provides.

OP
OP
Kellie in CA

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How long have u had the dendro?
I’ve had it for several years. I started with 2 separate heads and for probably at least a year and a half nothing happened. Then one day both of them sprouted a bunch of babies. Now I have like 8-10. I target feed each one 2-3 times a week.

Back