Kenny, new here & new to the hobby

U4ia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Just created an account here and new to fish tanks of any kind. Setting up a gankpike 12 gal tank. Maybe I should have checked here 1st as there seem to be some unfavorable comments on it. Hoping it's just the unrealistic livestock image that were, likely, digitally added. I'm pretty patient and have really conservative ideas of what I want to have in there.
I got the tank set- up with caribesea live sand and used water from the local reef store. Pump and skimmer(understanding there no need for the skimmer yet) is running and I'm just trying to get the sump water levels consistent before I test water and start adding rock. Eventually, I'd like to add some coral, a clownfish and an anemone.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!! :)

Thank you for signing up, there is a lot of information here and advise as you move forward with your reefing journey.

Coralreefer1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to reef2reef! Best of luck to you.
be careful not to add anemones until you have ideal lighting, are a seasoned saltwater aquarist and have an established aquarium of at least a year to help ensure the success of an anemone. Moreover, some species of anemones will outgrow your tank, ie. Carpets.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back