Kent tech M for bryopsis

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t tried it but from everything I’ve seen it no longer kills bryopsis. Fluconazole seems to be the most common treatment.

aarbutina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that people have treated bryopsis with elevated Mg, but in my experience Fluconazole works. Here is some nice document evidence if you would like to

One word of caution from my own experience would be to watch you Alk closely over the first couple days of treatment. I saw some evidence of decreased ALK usage for the first few days. If you are using a doser for ALK it could be possible to spike you levels if you aren’t on top of it .

OP
OP
Tuan’s Reef

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I know that people have treated bryopsis with elevated Mg, but in my experience Fluconazole works. Here is some nice document evidence if you would like to

One word of caution from my own experience would be to watch you Alk closely over the first couple days of treatment. I saw some evidence of decreased ALK usage for the first few days. If you are using a doser for ALK it could be possible to spike you levels if you aren’t on top of it .

This will work?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221003-081321_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221003-081321_Chrome.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 21

aarbutina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obviously the generic tablets are much cheap, but I can't tell you want the appropriate dosing is (but there could be someone else who could). These also seems to be tablet and not a powder or a capsule so you would need to make sure that it gets dissolved.

I used this. Can find it in any number of places.

1664803432520.png

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will work?
I believe most people use either flux rx or reef flux. I’m not sure if they are any different than just fluconazole.
I bought flux rx for my bryopsis but I was able to fight mine back without having to actually use it. Everything I’ve read said it was reef safe just read up about it and follow the directions.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have several patches of bryopsis I need to eradicate. Does Kent Tech Maginesum still work ?
No, best for hair algae but still not a remedy.
First pull what you can by hand - More the better.
Then using a dental pick or small crochet needle, pull off the roots. YOU MUST remove roots or it will keep coming back.
You can then reduce white light intensity . Add cleaners to finish cleanup such as Emerald crabs (which I do not trust, LG astrea snails. chiton snails, Pitho crabs, and pin cushion urchins.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted Kent directly and was told nothing had changed in their formulation. I raised my mag to over 1500. It turned my GHA white and made it easy to remove and allowed the cleaners to get at it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tuan’s Reef

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The rocks i'm treating only have a couple of corals that i plan to move anyways. These rocks will be taken out of the system for cured live rocks i have been brewing for 4 months. I don't mind the harse treatments it will undergo to remove the bryopsis as it will go back to dark cure for many more months before being used for other tanks.

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just this stuff, nothing special. Make a pancake of it, cover algae. Easy to remove in a few months if you like

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 38 30.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back