Kenya tree - a mistake? Also, is "pink" kenya tree really pink?

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to get some Kenya tree and I don't mind trimming it regularly, but heard it may spread rapidly anyway from the self release of buds. Does it really spread that rapidly even if trimmed?
Also, is "pink" Kenya tree really pink or just a different shade of brown?
Thanks

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following, someone local posted some for sale and thinking about grabbing a frag. This one looks pretty pink to me.

Attachments

• PinkKenyaTree.jpg
    PinkKenyaTree.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 87

Hal3134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will grow like a weed and drop babies Willy nilly. I suppose you can keep it trimmed if you want to put in the work. It took over my tank, covering almost every open space. This and xenia, I will never put into my tank again. You’ve been warned. :)

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second Hal3134’s advice 100%. I had a frag of it a few years ago. It started growing and spreading like a weed. It took me a long time getting out of my tank. Never again will I have one. It’s fun when you see the first few frags pop up. Then they became a plague.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was the first frag that I put in my tank. It hasn't taken taken over my tank but it has grown quickly. Had to do over again i would've never put it in there.

Jamo7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like mine. It does take a bit of “weeding” to keep it under control, but it’s not to bad in my opinion. Come on over I’m sure I can find 4-5 that you can have. One landed on an old snail shell. Can’t decide if I want to keep that one or not.

OP
OP
Just John

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any thoughts about a replacement for that? I would like something that grows upward and moves in the current. I looked at green sinularia, but it is fairly expensive here and a slow grower they say.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 48.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 48 53.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.0%
Back