Kessil 360x Owners - Please share your 6 month review!

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alot of reviews came out as soon as the 360x was released. We got great data on performance etc. But now that the 360x has been out for 6+ months.... I'd love to see a review with results. Pictures are worth a 1000 words. Before and after pictures please!

I myself am setting up a 180g. I purchased 5 360x and will be mounted in the aquatic life 61 in T5 fixture. I'm still on the fence about making the switch from XR15s especially with growing SPS and Acros. But my wife loves the look of kessils so you know what that means ...

- How big is your tank (dimensions and gallons)
- What do your primarily grow?
- How is color & growth?
- Pictures before and after?
- What par were you seeing (details on how high up you're hanging and water depth measurement was taken?)
- Details on your schedule?
- Pros & cons?
- Are you supplementing with T5s? If so details?
- Played around with the kessil focus filter?
- What light are you coming from. Comparison to the A360we (if it applies).

Thanks in advance for sharing!

Last edited:

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talked to a guy at my lfs with them and he wishes he had his 360 WE Tuna blues back. He said the light output is much less as far as par goes.

Dodgersallday

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alot of reviews came out as soon as the 360x was released. We got great data on performance etc. But now that the 360x has been out for 6+ months.... I'd love to see a review with results. Pictures are worth a 1000 words. Before and after pictures please!

I myself am setting up a 180g. I purchased 5 360x and will be mounted in the aquatic life 61 in T5 fixture. I'm still on the fence about making the switch from XR15s especially with growing SPS and Acros. But my wife loves the look of kessils so you know what that means ...

- How big is your tank (dimensions and gallons)
- What do your primarily grow?
- How is color & growth?
- Pictures before and after?
- What par were you seeing (details on how high up you're hanging and water depth measurement was taken?)
- Details on your schedule?
- Pros & cons?
- Are you supplementing with T5s? If so details?
- Played around with the kessil focus filter?
- What light are you coming from. Comparison to the A360we (if it applies).

Thanks in advance for sharing!

A360x par output is so bad it’s not even funny. I’d return your 5 kessilA360x lights back for Radions ASAP.

OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talked to a guy at my lfs with them and he wishes he had his 360 WE Tuna blues back. He said the light output is much less as far as par goes.

That doesnt make much sense. BRS investigates shows the 360x is overall a big improvement over the 360we. I have both and can confirm that at least.

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The BRS video showed a par loss I thought?

W1ngz

Failed Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Capture.PNG

PirateDan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B455F32F-14C8-4995-BCC5-B0C6D1CDDE4B.jpeg I’ve got one 360x over my sca50. Lps all over and sps at the top one foot from light. Everything is growing. Only Kessil I’ve ever owned. I’m very happy with this light. Also love the controller.

OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They measured the 360we at 50% color setting which has a higher par. While the 360x was tested at the best usuable spectrum.

It wasnt a fair comparison.

I said overall big improvement over the 360we. Wasnt specifically talking about par. Just overall.

If I have time tomorrow I'll mount the 360we next to my 360x. I'll set them both at 50% color and 50% and measure at the same depth. I'll report back my results. I'll be using a seneye... better than nothin!

Anyways, not trying to defend the 360x. I'm just looking for real results after 6 months. I want to see results, growth, color etc.

For me the lack of power is irrelevant since itll be comboed up with the aquatic life t5 hyrbid fixture. Should be a great pair for power, color, and coverage.

Last edited:

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's hilarious is I have a similar question posted, except but for the ap700 instead.

Either all Kessil owners don't like speaking up, or those that do always have hybrids with t5.

But it seems impossible to find any Kessil only users showing off their tanks.

Style185

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 for my new build n I'll keep you posted! So far they are beautiful lights but you'll always have a critic or "that one guy"..... it'll be a few months but ya know Rome wasn't built in a day and either was your aquarium. Good things come to those who wait (patience). :) happy reefing I'll be Following and who wants to go to the disco party anyway it's 2019 ;)

U

User1

View Badges
I think the general comment or feedback is that it wouldn't be a good return on investment for upgrading W's to X's for existing Kessil owners. However, new owners or adding more light they are a solid product. Smaller form factor, better cooling, lower to water surface, better spread, and more LED spectrum control while keeping the optimal spectrum for coral growth (Kessil Logic).

I do not think you will get a lot of growth photos since they have only been out a couple months and more time is needed (my opinion). From what I can tell after buying one is that they are solid products once you determine how to mount them. About the only complain I have is that there is no integration with Apex or other controllers built in and their controller device is dumb.

PirateDan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's hilarious is I have a similar question posted, except but for the ap700 instead.

Either all Kessil owners don't like speaking up, or those that do always have hybrids with t5.

But it seems impossible to find any Kessil only users showing off their tanks.
Not impossible. I showed mine. No high dollar corals but I showed it. 3 post up from yours.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not impossible. I showed mine. No high dollar corals but I showed it. 3 post up from yours.
Thanks. I do see it. But I should've been more specific and say SPS dominant tanks.

How high from water level did you mount yours and at what %?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 54.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
Back