Kessil A360WE w/Gooseneck on Eurobrace?

Lylelovett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I've seen a few posts confirming you can mount the Gooseneck on a eurobrace by moving the mount to the side of the bracket.

But has anyone done this and with prolonged success? I have a eurobraced tank and am just looking for some reassurance that the brace can hold the weight of three lights.

Again, hopefully someone has done this and is happy/comfortable with it.

Thanks!
J

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct, the gooseneck mount has two mounting points. Straight up for rimmed and standard rimless tanks, and a side mounting point for eurobraced tanks
getting_mounting_img09.jpg

OP
OP
Lylelovett

Lylelovett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct, the gooseneck mount has two mounting points. Straight up for rimmed and standard rimless tanks, and a side mounting point for eurobraced tanks
getting_mounting_img09.jpg

Yep, this is how I have them mounted. I was just hoping someone had some experience with them mounted this way and could say they aren't doing any irreparable harm to the brace. (I see they do tilt the brace down a hair, but it does still seem stable.)

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, this is how I have them mounted. I was just hoping someone had some experience with them mounted this way and could say they aren't doing any irreparable harm to the brace. (I see they do tilt the brace down a hair, but it does still seem stable.)
It's not abnormal for it to flex a little bit, but unless your really cranking on it or putting excess weight on it, it should be fine. I know it flexed the rear of my tank a little bit when I had them on my 40 breeder.

OP
OP
Lylelovett

Lylelovett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not abnormal for it to flex a little bit, but unless your really cranking on it or putting excess weight on it, it should be fine. I know it flexed the rear of my tank a little bit when I had them on my 40 breeder.

No excess weight, just a little bit of flex. Thanks for the reassurance!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back