Kessil A360X Narrow Reflector performance testing. Change your ideal mounting height and get more PAR deeper!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be honest, how many reefers actually need an 8"inch mounting height for the A360X?...90%? ... 70%... less than 50%?

Because one-size-fits-all isn't something that remains universally true in our hobby, we need more options to customize and tailor our reef lighting to meet most needs, which is why today we test the effects of focusing the A360X wide angle 130-degree beam down to just 55-degrees!

U

User1

View Badges
GREAT JOB!!!!

Edit: caps, sorry :)

Edit 2: Mind if I ask what the mounting arm is called or its brand name is on the a360x?

Edit 3: Did I already say great job? Great job :D Have a awesome weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GREAT JOB!!!!
Edit: caps, sorry :)
Edit 2: Mind if I ask what the mounting arm is called or its brand name is on the a360x?
Edit 3: Did I already say great job? Great job :D Have a awesome weekend!

Thanks! That mounting system is something Brent developed to make light balancing and centering easier to do accurately. He used film industry stands and a c-channel bracket to span across the tank then uses something similar to THIS THING HERE to mount the lights to the channel. It's pretty awesome rigging!

U

User1

View Badges
Thanks! That mounting system is something Brent developed to make light balancing and centering easier to do accurately. He used film industry stands and a c-channel bracket to span across the tank then uses something similar to THIS THING HERE to mount the lights to the channel. It's pretty awesome rigging!

Thanks. I wouldn't have thought of trying those :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back